Notary Rotary
Sign on the X--Just say no.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by midwest notary on 4/20/05 11:31pm
Msg #33040

Last week, the X called at 5:00pm for a 6:00pm closing on a friday night. Borrower had documents. On the call we plotted on mapquest. It was 45miles one way from my location to borrower during rush hour in a major metro. I told them I would try for 6pm but with rush hour no guarantee. I said $125. She said the most she could was $45. Travel time a lone would likely approach two hours plus 30 to 60 minutes for the closing. I told her no.

Everytime the X is turned down, I hope a note is posted here! It will inspire others to do so and maybe Sign on the X will get the message that we have Xed them!

Reply by jasonste on 4/20/05 11:43pm
Msg #33043

WAY TO GO !!!

Reply by Jeanie-fl on 4/21/05 1:26am
Msg #33054

Re: Sign on the X

I'm with you in that no way would I go 65 miles one way for less than $125 (or more). However, don't believe them when they say they only pay $45. I get $75 in my area. I don't take very many of their orders, but they pay my price when I do accept an order. Yes, they pay slowly. They do pay after a phone call or two.

Reply by Indiana Notary on 4/21/05 8:15am
Msg #33080

Re: Sign on the X

They called and left a message on my voice mail last night. I didn't return their call, because last time I worked for them they didn't pay very well, and it took about 3 or 4 follow-up calls to get paid. NOT WORTH THE HASSEL.

Reply by Forest Sisemore on 4/21/05 10:37am
Msg #33102

That's a great idea! Right on. And not just for Sign on the X.
Turn down any company that offers less than $65 and post
it here. Your action will inspire other Notaries to do the same.
Kick ass & take names - Hooaahh!

Reply by CaliNotary on 4/21/05 10:44am
Msg #33109

These really get funnier and funnier every time they're posted. An hour before the scheduled closing and they still only want to pay $45, lol.

Reply by Joanne_SL on 4/21/05 10:49am
Msg #33114

They called me and I told them that I would love to do the closing but they would have to post a payment to my Paypal account or send a check prior to my leaving the house due to their poor payment history. There is no way these companies will know why they are being turned down if we are not honest with the reason why ... i.e. slow payment. They said that they don't pay in advance and I explained that I would be unable to do a closing any other way. That was that.

Reply by Forest Sisemore on 4/21/05 10:59am
Msg #33126

Good for you Joanne! I did the same yesterday.
I asked them to send a check with the docs but they
refused. I was so dissapointed... But it beats the
hassle of slow pay - no pay. To hell with 'em.

Reply by Anonymous on 4/21/05 4:39pm
Msg #33183

I had x'd them a long time ago. I finally told them to just take me off their signing agent call list since it was not worth my time to even try to get paid from them. They once offered me $50 to do a closing at 10pm that night!!

Reply by Melody on 4/21/05 4:40pm
Msg #33184

Say "never" and hang up

Many, Many, Many posts are on this board about Sign on the X as a NO pay, let alone low pay.
Even if she "gave" you that $125, you probably never would have seen it.

When they call, I just say
NEVER!
and hang up.

I am not giving these scuzzballs any of my cell minutes!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.