Notary Rotary
Signing Company Question
Notary Discussion History

Signing Company Question
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Traci on 4/28/05 10:32pm
Msg #34739

Signing Company Question

Is there some kind of message board for signing companies where they go to blackball/talk about their experiences with notary signing agents? Does anyone know of a situation where a customer did not receive their loan because of mistakes the nsa made? Just wondering.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/28/05 11:01pm
Msg #34747

There is, I believe, a message board just for signing companies.

I don't know of any loan that has fallen through because of an error by the signing agent.

Although I did hear of one that could not be sold on the secondary market because the signing agent had signed as the closing agent on the loan and didn't have the insurance that a closing agent should have.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/28/05 11:01pm
Msg #34748

There is, I believe, a message board just for signing companies.

I don't know of any loan that has fallen through because of an error by the signing agent.

Although I did hear of one that could not be sold on the secondary market because the signing agent had signed as the closing agent on the loan and didn't have the insurance that a closing agent should have.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 4/28/05 11:51pm
Msg #34760

I heard about a loan falling thru just last night. A borrower called me in a panic to see if I would be able to notarize her loan docs.

She said that the lender told her the original notary completely messed up the package and her loan would not fund if she couldn't get someone to do it all over again. The borrower told me that the lender was e-mailing her the docs directly and it was up to her to find the notary.

Now here's the kicker - the borrower also said that the signatures and notarization all needed to be dated 04/25/05. I politely declined.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/29/05 12:18am
Msg #34773

Oh brother! I wonder if the borrower had a laser printer and legal paper and was able to print out edocs.

Good for you on declining

Reply by Deb-NV on 4/29/05 2:25am
Msg #34790

I had one last night that the guys wife worked for country wide. I know everyone will be surprised, an error on the settlement page. I calmly talked to him at some lenght, then the title co and then the loan officer. He just refused to sign. Today they call again asking me to close it again but HAD to be at Fed Ex by 5pm. Told them we were 30 miles from there with horrible rush hour traffice, if the guy actually signed them I would try to get them there but would not promise. He hung up all pissed off. I was ok, next time I will just lie to them I guess. I can't fly through 30 miles of rush hour.

Reply by Glena/NV on 4/29/05 9:11am
Msg #34809

30 miles of rush hour in Las Vegas could mean being stuck on the freeway for 30-45 minutes, sometimes more. Good for you. He made his choice not to sign, now he has to deal with it. One thing that he could have done was to go to the local UPS store and have the documents notarized there and he could have mailed it himself.

Reply by Vicki/MD on 4/29/05 11:10am
Msg #34860

Do you have the link?

Reply by Big B on 4/29/05 10:27am
Msg #34841

It is possible that they have one as we do here. However, your proof is in the work you do.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.