Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Texas NSA Network - The Best in Texas -- Join us???
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by BrendaTX on 4/28/05 9:24pm
Msg #34720

If you are in Texas,

and you have one full year of NSA experience in which you have completed 100 signings...

and you are interested in networking with a group of Texas NSAs who have similar or better experience, please contact me VIA EMAIL by clicking on my link to my profile.

Send the following information:

Name:
Phone:
Fax:
Email:
Website (if any):
City / County of Residence:

All Counties you cover:

Experience in years / approximate signings performed:

Please include the answer to:
Do you personally perform more Loan Signings than you refer out or contract out? In other words, owners of signing services are considered on a case by case basis for membership into our network.
-----------

The counties we presently do NOT need agents from are:

Angelina
Archer
Austin
Bell
Bosque
Brazos
Burleson
Clay
Collin
Comanche
Cooke
Dallas
Denton
Eastland
El Paso
Erath
Fannin
Fayette
Galveston
Grimes
Hamilton
Harris
Hill
Hood
Jack
Johnson
Leon
Liberty
Madison
Matagorda
Milam
Montague
Montgomery
Nacogdoches
Palo Pinto
Parker
Polk
Robertson
San Jacinto
Somervell
Stephens
Tarrant
Travis
Trinity
Tyler
Walker
Waller
Washington
Wharton
Williamson
Wise
Young

50 or so counties down, 204 to go!

This group began organizing in November 2004 and we aspire to cover another 50 counties by June 1 with agents meeting the criteria stated above. It is my personal goal to have a Texas wide network of experienced agents within a year for the purpose of expanded marketing potential. It is also our purpose to not saturate any one county/MSA with agents who will compete against each other in our group for obvious reasons.

Thanks,
Brenda Stone
Texas NSA Network

Reply by brooke/ca on 4/28/05 11:57pm
Msg #34762

Can I just join in as a "ghost" member? Hih , Please? I am from Texas and it sounds like such a great group-- I'll even start using "y'all" again, I swear! LOLOLOl PS Brenda you crack me up

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/29/05 9:08am
Msg #34808

Brooke...

You can email me any time, but I think it would take a special meeting to make that decision!

The only problem is I am not sure who the special meeting would include as we are not completely organized by the rules...we are getting there, however.

But, networking opportunies from CA to PA are always good to consider.

Reply by Melody on 4/29/05 12:06am
Msg #34768

Good luck to y'all!!! n/m

Reply by marvin zindler on 4/29/05 11:29am
Msg #34870

Re: I'll be watching you -

Eyewitness new !!!

Reply by Simone E. Lewis on 4/29/05 1:58pm
Msg #34903

Re: Explanation

"It is also our purpose to not saturate any one county/MSA with agents who will compete against each other in our group for obvious reasons."

Brenda, how will you control any one county to not be over saturated with Notaries? I do not understand this statement. What happens to the notaries who do now join the group, they would still be your competition.

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/29/05 3:01pm
Msg #34914

Thanks for asking, Simone. I began working on this network in May of last year--this is no easy thing to accomplish. And, it's a private referral kind of thing. There is no membership fee. It is built on personal knowledge, getting to know the ones in the group, and building trust. If any backstabbing goes on, there will be no second chance and the member is removed.

From hours and hours of emails and conversations on the phone, I have built relationships with other Texas notaries, but not those in my county. I am not looking for partners I will endorse who will be a problem to my own business.

A couple of counties over I have a wonderful NSA in the group I can refer business to and she does the same for me. It's like keeping it in "the family."

I will endorse the notaries I include in this group and they will endorse me. It's not an open membership situation that any Texas NSA can get into. You don't pay a fee. You just commit to the cause and carry out what you commit to do for the good of the group, and use the Golden Rule.

If you don't want to participate in that way, then you don't stick around and we find another person for your spot on our list.

The membership is not there to accept all, but to create a membership-based marketing force with a product (list of qualified NSAs) to give to their clients.

We are developing marketing materials, targeting potential clients and working as a team.

If 50 members send out five marketing pieces that means I have been exposed to clients 250 times for little out of pocket cost.

However, it would be pointless to be a part of a network where a member would be expected to send out marketing materials with their competition's name on it. Therefore, we are creating territories as we go along and closing areas when we feel they are covered by our network just enough.

Some NSA boundaries overlap, some areas are covered with more than one notary, but not so that they are promoting competition they do not know and trust.

So, to answer your question about saturation, I keep a list.

When there are enough covering a county, no more are accepted for that area over and above what the current members believe will be non-destructive to their business/coverage area to accept.

We are working on setting up a comprehensive sub-list, or waiting list we can also refer to.

The members who are currently involved have pretty much given me the final word and trust my judgment on adding members to the group. They know when it comes to looking out for one another, am very careful to get their input if there is any question about preserving the interests of those who have been faithful to continue to work with me and network together as professionals to develop our network to carry out our purposes of excellence within and for the goals of marketing I have told them I'd like to see happen.

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 4/29/05 5:08pm
Msg #34942

Brenda:

I like the idea of networking with quality NSAs. I would love to be a part of a similar group in CA.
I frequently receive calls that are just a little to far to travel & I would love to refer to someone else.
I do know of an NSA that is fluent in Spanish, so if I receive a call that she can handle, I immediately refer the company to her.
I am confident in her work and I like the idea of saying I cannot accept; however, I know someone that can.

If there are any NSAs in CA that have a similar group, let me know and if possible I would like to join.
I would never want to be direct competition to any NSA. I have so many calls coming in, I just want quality NSAs for referrals.

Reply by Simone E. Lewis on 4/30/05 7:10pm
Msg #35154

Thanks, Brenda. It does sound like a lot of work but I can see where you would be a lot more visible as a group. Good luck.

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/30/05 7:31pm
Msg #35158

**Thanks, Brenda. It does sound like a lot of work but I can see where you would be a lot more visible as a group. Good luck.**

Work is either "work," or it's something you do with your time for a purpose you believe has a valuable outcome.

The way I see it is I can either be focused and spend time working on ways to succeed through marketing, networking, etc. ...or I can go capture a husband to replace the dear departed St. Gary.

Hmmmm. I think this type of "work" seems easier.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.