Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
The truth is finally revealed - Re: FL Recording Law ...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by PAW_Fl on 4/19/05 1:29pm
Msg #32672

After talking with Janneen at Notary Pro, it was determined that the faulty information was provided by one lender's recording company who stated that Charlotte County required two witnesses. I then called the Charlotte County Recording Clerk and was told that this was in fact their requirement a while back. But after review by the county's attorney, they determined that the recording of mortgages DO NOT require witnesses. However, this information apparently was not obtained by the recording company. Since we all know "stuff" flows downhill, the fallacy was promulgated through the chain and finally published by Notary Pro for all to see and read.

Janneen will be working within Notary Pro to disseminate the proper information to all the Florida notaries in their database. I also ask all Florida notaries to further pass the word along in the forums, chats, and boards that you use that there is no requirement for witnesses on mortgages in the State of Florida.

Reply by anon on 4/19/05 1:51pm
Msg #32681

why all the trouble ... remember its just glorified paper shuffling...

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/19/05 2:06pm
Msg #32689

You just don't get it!

They are touting something as a law when it is not.

Borrowers do not always want their friends or neighbors to know their business, and do not want a third party there to witness their loan documents.
If I was refinancing and was told I needed to have a third party present to witness my signature, I would be finding a lender that adhered to the Fl laws regarding witnesses.

Of course - you could just be "trolling"

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/19/05 2:17pm
Msg #32691

...maybe a Tecia Troll. n/m

Reply by CaliNotary on 4/19/05 2:36pm
Msg #32694

ROFLMAO 8-D n/m

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/19/05 2:58pm
Msg #32697

Re: ROFLMAO 8-D n/m

I don't think so, probably not this time, but ROFLMAO (8=P) back at 'cha.

Okay...back out into the world of Glorified Paper Shufflers.

This is starting to feel a good bit like work.

Reply by FL-Notary on 4/19/05 2:47pm
Msg #32696

Re: ...maybe a Tecia Troll. n/m

What are you talking about...Have you gotten lost in yourself again...ooops...I mean the forum Brenda? Pay attn please.

Reply by Becca_FL on 4/19/05 4:26pm
Msg #32712

A BIG Thank you to 'ya Paul.

I sure am glad we take our profession seriously and always work hard to do the right thing. I sure would hate to be "just a Notary" or "glorified paper shuffler."

Anon, are you pissed off that we exposed you $50 California Signing Service for what it is? UNINFORMED!

As long as there are lackadaisical Notaries like you, there will be $50 Signing Services like NotaryPro out there asking you to fax back the entire package to make sure you know what the @#$% you are doing. Remember, you get paid what you are worth.

Reply by Dorothy/MI on 4/19/05 9:02pm
Msg #32747

Thanks Paul for the info

Thanks, I was really getting worried as I signed last night a loan for property in Bonita Springs and was afraid that I would need 2 witnesses. Glad to know that I didn't need them. Three years ago, Michigan did away with our 2 witness requirement and I couldn't figure that any state was going backwards instead of forward.

Many are probably wondering why all this stress because they are not in FL, but let me tell you, I do a fair share of signings for FL property (all those snow birds you know) and was glad to get the real scoop tonight. Again, thanks.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.