Notary Rotary
This career move was the best thing
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Charm_AL on 4/26/05 7:58am
Msg #33962

I have ever done work wise. Even with all the stress and pressure that comes with this industry, seeing happy borrowers and working with the local HFC is very rewarding.
Yesterday, after a lunchtime signing, I came home and watered my flower garden, sat in the sun for awhile, then I took my 3 year old out for an ice cream cone. I love getting to spend so much more time at home while still making better money than I did when I worked full time and paid babysitters. I went to an afternoon signing, came back for dinner with the family and did two more after. By 9 I was back, high fived my hubby and said "between last week and this week I made a month's full time salary!" Smiley

Reply by blgnv on 4/26/05 10:09am
Msg #34006

I agree with you. My husband retired at 52 and we moved to Las Vegas. I decided to go back to work, this has been the best thing for me. The end of the month can get a bit crazy, but otherwise it works very well into our lifestyle. Lets hope the industry keeps us busy for years to come!

Reply by cnielsen on 4/26/05 1:09pm
Msg #34066

Your note is so encouraging! I have 2 kids at home and would like to contribute to the family without having to work away from home full-time. I would really like to get started as a signing agent. A friend told me about the NNA and NSA. Do you really need to spend over $300 for their courses and certifications? I have taken the Florida notary state test and have my certification# but now comes the hard part. Where and how should I get the necessary training? Should I join all these forums and associtations? Where can you get the best leads?

Please provide a novice with the necessary tools to make a go at becoming a signing agent.

I would really appreciate any assistance you could offer to get started with best head start without spending a fortune?

Thanks

Reply by Allison Maxwell on 4/26/05 1:34pm
Msg #34076

What state are you in? Some states are saturated with signing agents. You want to definitely read these message boards and go to your states notary website.

The tools are different for everyone. Some people got into this business via contacts at title companies; others did the route of going to a class/seminar by NNA or orther orgnaization. and some just got in via their own learning mechanisms.

Whatever you do, just stay focused, study your states notarial laws and read the message boards and don't think that it's going to be easy getting clients, cause it's not; you will have to work to make it work.

much success
Allison Maxwell
Michigan Certified Notary Signing Agent and
PPLSI Market Representative

Reply by rlogan-ca on 4/26/05 1:35pm
Msg #34078

Try any community college. They are informative and less expensive.

Also, continue to read this boad, it is full of very useful info from seasoned

veterans and sometimes downright funny

Reply by immanuel6_CA on 4/26/05 2:23pm
Msg #34089

You are so right. Now, I am still trying to build my business as a NSA. However, I worked for the City of Los Angeles for 11 years before I had to change careers due to a family illness. To make a long story short, I would have never dreamed that I would be a Certified NSA, licensed Real Estate Agent and I am getting ready to take my State Exam for licensed Real Estate Appraiser. I am a member of NNA and I have learned so much about NSAs. This is a "dream" career.

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 4/26/05 5:51pm
Msg #34152

Re: immanuel6_CA....Good luck on your upcoming exam.

Reply by Charm_AL on 4/26/05 3:52pm
Msg #34114

cnielson...

I started out with the very basics, then certified myself after a few signings with the profit. I just searched on the internet using keywords like notary public Alabama and learned what to do. Feel free to e-mail me and I'll try to help, just click on my name and it will take you to my profile/e-mail address. It also helps if you include your state with your name....good luck

Reply by Charm_AL on 4/26/05 3:57pm
Msg #34116

Re: cnielson...

go up to the signing services tab...if you are a premiere member you'll get the website addresses and sign up with everyone that has a good rating.
The membership at NotaryRotary is only $39. and has more than paid for itself many times over...companies will come here to find notaries by punching in a zip code, if you buy the membership, you'll be way up on the list, depending where you are located...do a find a notary and punch in your zip code, you'll see what the companies see.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.