Notary Rotary
Time Zone education for West Coast Companies
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Jeanie-fl on 4/27/05 3:29am
Msg #34271

How many time's have you had your schedule screwed up by a west company that can't figure out they're three hours behind you??????

It happened to me AGAIN tonight! I had a 6:00pm signing. Received the edocs at 8:15pm. Got a call from the SS asking how the signing went at 8:25. Told him I was printing the docs as we spoke. SS chewed me out for not getting to the signing on time. I explained to the SS that I received the edocs 10 minutes before his call. SS then screamed "WELL, DID YOU CALL THE BR TO SAY YOU WOULD BE LATE?" Some how or other this call got disconnected, I have no idea how this happened!

9:00pm I'm still waiting for the HUD so I called the TA. The TA said they were still working on it . THEN the TA said I should be grateful because they've hired extra personnel so the docs were going out faster than they had been! EXCUSE ME???? I asked the TA if FOUR hour's behind schedule was a goal to be proud of? He said "HUH?". At this point I was really proud to be an American! I had to explain the entire time difference between the west coast and east coast. The TA's response.....wait for it .............................................."HUH?"

I'm so proud of the American education system I can barely type!

As it's after 4:00am you can guess how the signing went. 1/3 was signed the 26th and 2/3 was signed the 27th. Just can't wait for the complaints I'll receive tomorrow! Or rather the day after tomorrow.

Thank God for red wine!!!!!!!!

How about a mass prayer from the east coast for the west coast so they can finally figure out time zones??????

Reply by Monica - FL on 4/27/05 5:51am
Msg #34274

AMEN!!!!!!!!!

Reply by Anonymous on 4/27/05 10:06am
Msg #34305

That would get under my skin as well. The only thing I can think of to help is just that when the ss calls you to confirm signing time that you say "yes 6pm eastern is fine, I will need the docs by 4pm eastern". Now I agree they should already know because after all they had to call someone in that time zone for the signing. So that's a big "duh" on thier part. But maybe it will just help plant that mental seed in thier minds.

Reply by jojo_MN on 4/27/05 12:19pm
Msg #34338

That 's excellent advice. Thanks! N/M

Reply by Mysti_FL on 4/27/05 3:51pm
Msg #34383

You were too funny!!!

I had similar issues. Monday night, I didn't get to home until 2:30 AM (and into bed at 3:00 AM), and that was AFTER I turned one down. On Tuesday night I was done by 10:30 and thought "ahhhh", I am getting some rest tonight! Nope. The fourth loan company begged me to take just one more. I had to run home, then back south of where I did the third closing. Got home at 2:00!

Oh well, is the month over????

Mysti

Reply by CA_Jeanet on 4/27/05 3:58pm
Msg #34386

I can't tell you how many times I've been awakened at 6:00 a.m. from signing services in the east where they are three hours ahead of us in CA. My husband is retired, and we really appreciate those calls! Do they "forget" that we have not yet begun our business day? Love the humor on this board; keeps us sane.

Reply by Donna CA on 4/27/05 8:56pm
Msg #34485

The east coast needs to learn this too so they will not call us at 6 am

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.