Notary Rotary
Turning Down Work
Notary Discussion History

Turning Down Work
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by jasonste_AL on 4/28/05 11:26pm
Msg #34754

Turning Down Work

I have been quite busy the last few days with signings, although, I appreciate the calls to do signings, there is only so many hours in a day, I had to turn down a few of my favorite signing companies, because I just didnt have the time to do their signings. If anyone can answer my question, does this hurt you with signing companies, if you turn them down ? Will they not call you again ? ect, ect ?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/28/05 11:42pm
Msg #34756

They will call you again, they understand that you cannot always be available for their signings. I often have to turn down companies, but they still call me again.

Reply by jasonste_AL on 4/28/05 11:46pm
Msg #34758

Thanks Sylvia, I was worried !

Reply by Bob-Chicago on 4/29/05 12:00am
Msg #34765

Re: Turning Down Work--only if you must.

Sylvia is better qualified to answer this from the SS viewpoint, but that said, I try my best to take all offered assignment from good customers if I possibly can.
I get the impression that schedulers are more likely to make their FIRST call to those who usually accept jobs. They want to get the assignment placed with one call if possible and move on to the next assignment. I have had schedulers tell me that they call me first, because I get the job done right and also because they know that I will take the job in nearly every case.
You may get called again, but you want to be the first call.

Reply by Sylvia-FL on 4/29/05 12:15am
Msg #34772

Bob
Was also answering it from a signing agent viewpoint.

It is not always possible to take all the offered assignments. When I cannot do a signing because of a scheduling conflict, I will let the company know that I cannot do the signing at that particular time, and I give them the times I am free that particular day to do the signing.
If they can change the time of the appointment, which they can in most cases, they will, otherwise they will call someone else. But they still call me the next time they have something in my area.

Reply by Bob-Chicago on 4/29/05 12:28am
Msg #34777

You are even nuttier than I am, way too late for this stuff
I am up trying to get out my closing confirmations after a very busy day
Go to bed, you are one hour later than I am
I have had it for today
Nighty night

Reply by Grammy824 on 4/29/05 7:19am
Msg #34799

I wish I had work to turn down. One of my co-workers receives three or four calls per week to do signings and she will sometimes turn a job down and have the company call me, so most of the work I've had has come through her referrals. I don't know why she gets all the calls and I don't--we're both in the same area.

Reply by ColleenCA on 4/29/05 7:48am
Msg #34802

Grammy824, where are you located? That is probably the reason. I was told by a SS who uses SA's in my area that they always go to their "regular" sa's first and if they are not available, then they start calling any others. I guess you become a "regular" after you take many of the last minute, end of the month rush jobs.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 4/29/05 7:53am
Msg #34803

I sure hope that's how one becomes a "regular"! If so, I'd better be a regular by now.

Reply by Big B on 4/29/05 10:24am
Msg #34839

Sometimes it hurts you, sometimes not. If you are getting that much business, you might consider getting another notary to take on the extra, and split the fee with him. This way, you do not have to turn down business, and you look like a savior to the company.

Reply by Notary/PA on 4/29/05 3:19pm
Msg #34921

How does it work when you get another notary to do work for you? The SS or title company call you for the work not someone you work with. I would think that they would not be too happy if they find out that you, in fact, are not the one doing the work. Do you discuss this with the SS or title company?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.