Notary Rotary
United Signatures LTD. - IMPORTANT INFO - Please read
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by LuLu on 4/17/05 7:33am
Msg #32303

Yesterday I posted on this board and another inquiring if anyone had an opinion on this company. I thought it was odd that nobody responded. This morning I did some research (NY DOS division of corporations) and found that the name of the person listed on the information is the same name of a person associated with Sirianni. This person signed for a certified letter I had sent to his office. I just declined the assignment. I refuse to do business with anyone who was associated with him. All I know for sure is the names are the same and that is just too much of a coincidence for me (not a common name) Also, the company just filed on March 4, 2005.

Reply by Mary Pierce/PA on 4/17/05 8:48am
Msg #32307

LuLu - do you have any contact info for this company? web site address?

Reply by notary on 4/17/05 9:32am
Msg #32311

Mary, Why would you want to contact these losers? Run away!!

Reply by Mary Pierce/PA on 4/17/05 11:21am
Msg #32328

Because if it is related to Sirianni get another number to contact them about the money they owe me.

Reply by Mary Pierce/PA on 4/17/05 11:25am
Msg #32330

I'd love for them to call me if they are the same and I can tell them where to put it. I am basically the only notary in my area.

Reply by LuLu on 4/17/05 9:39am
Msg #32313

The information I pulled from the NY Dept. of State (Division of Corporations):
United Signatures LTD.
Linda Pellitteri
17 Irving ave
Freeport, NY 11520
Domestic Business Corp. ?
Initial DOS filing date: March 04,2005

The confirmation I received shows US-LTD.com (I checked out that website and only a home page)
Phone No: 800-856-1630
Fax: 516-223-2465

I am now asking any new company that I have not done business with and I cannot find any opinions from my fellow signing agents to provide me references. I will check these before I accept any assignments and if they won't give me references I will pass on doing business with them. How many times do companies want references from us? I have talked to the notaries that were references and they thought it was a great idea and even asked my opinion on some companies and were not even aware of these great message boards.

My bottom line is ... I will not work for anyone who is or was associated with Sirianni and that's my perogative.

Reply by Mike/NJ on 4/17/05 10:44am
Msg #32318

Thanks for the info. I hope notaries stay aware of Sirianni and we can put him out of business for good.

Reply by NotaryGirl_CA on 4/17/05 11:11am
Msg #32324

OK..... You have my curiosity going... What is the story with this person?

Reply by J. Martin in Indiana on 4/17/05 11:21am
Msg #32329

He ripped me off and many of you. If you want to know the scoop on him, enter his name here on this forum as a search and read on!

Reply by caroleMI on 4/17/05 11:14am
Msg #32325

Thank you for the info. That bum still owes me from December

Reply by LauriecPA on 4/17/05 2:52pm
Msg #32340

Thank you for posting...I'd hate to get stuck by Sirianni again! I'll put that name on my no-no list!

Reply by usltd on 4/17/05 8:49pm
Msg #32376

I am united signatures and have just gotten off the phone with the notary that had started the first inquiry regarding my services. I gave her the name of several notaries that have already done business with me and have gotten prompt payment. Yes I used to work with Sirianni but the reason why I left is because I DIDN'T want to be associated with his bad name. It was only my JOB, NOT MY BUSINESS. I am dedicated to the industry and was unable to continue to work under those conditions. I am 100% NOT associated with him or anyone who works with him. I don't think that by just conducting a corporation search that it is fair to immediately pass judgment against my company when all my company is trying to do is make a living just like you. We have been in business for two months and have been incorporated Since the beginning of March. We already have many excellent clients and just as many happy notaries who are ready willing and able to work with us because they HAVE gotten paid. For anyone who wants, We will be happy to supply you with as many references as you need. Our only desire is to be successful in the industry as I am sure is your desire as well. I am sure all you notaries are vey busy out there but you can be missing out of work and work that would be promptly paid. If there are any notaries reading this thread that have taken closings from our company and have gotten promptly paid, PLEASE respond. I don't want to have to list your names on these boards. Thank you.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 4/17/05 10:03pm
Msg #32382

Based on what you have posted here, I will do any signing you choose to give me.

Best of luck!

Reply by LawrenceOK on 4/18/05 7:53am
Msg #32399

Did one for United Signatures LTD on 04/12/05. We'll see what happens.

Reply by usltd on 4/18/05 9:27am
Msg #32410

Not that I want to advertise on this site, I know that is not what it is intended for, but in case anyone needs to know. My pay policy is to pay the notary immediately upon receipt of payment from the title company. Most of my accounts pay within two weeks, but I do have several that pay only once a month. For the one you did, we should be getting paid withing two weeks, then your check will be in the mail. Thanks!

Reply by usltd on 4/18/05 9:25am
Msg #32409

Thank you - and you WILL get paid!!!!!!!

Reply by Mary Pierce/PA on 4/18/05 11:56am
Msg #32441

I apologize for comment above....I wish you all the luck and good for you getting away from the scum bag. He still owes me money. The man has left everyone with a bad taste in their mouth as you can see and sure you can relate to.

Reply by USLTD on 4/18/05 12:30pm
Msg #32449

THANK YOU MARY, I HOPE TO BUSINESS WITH YOU IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE.

Reply by Lucille on 4/18/05 12:54pm
Msg #32456

I think the person who started this slamming of United Signatures should be the one out of work. This company is the only company that pays when they get paid. I have not had a problem with them and will continue to do business with them.
Answer me this if you leave your Husband because he was cheating on you does that mean your a cheater also????

Reply by Joan-OH on 4/19/05 7:51am
Msg #32594

I disagree

"This company is the only company that pays when they get paid"

What does when a company get paid have to do with it? I am hired to perform a service, I perform that service, I should get paid within a published pay schedule. A signing service should have enough capital to pay whether they get paid or not. What their customers pay schedules are does not interest me. My interests are the pay schedules of who contracts with me directly. Undercapitalized signing services are what happens when new ones open up and then fall off the face of the earth without paying their notaries. I personally, do not want to be party to their collection problems.

Just My Opinion.

Joan

Reply by Teri-PA on 4/19/05 4:01pm
Msg #32706

Re: I disagree

In March, Linda called me for a signing...Once I realized the previous affiliation with Mr. Sirrianni, I told her I could not do the signing without up front payment. Linda promptly overnighted me a check as a sign of good faith. The signing was subsequently cancelled, and I returned the voided check to her. What I found with this company was someone who was straight with me when I told her my suspicions and willing to work with me and meet my terms in order to procure a high quality notary signing agent. Does she want to pay up front for everyone - no, and I'm sure she cannot- most companies cannot...but at this juncture, I would give her a shot...

Reply by usltd on 4/19/05 5:11pm
Msg #32720

Re: I disagree

Thanks Teri, I knew I would hear from you at some point on this subject. Your the best!

Reply by Ernest_CT on 4/19/05 9:33pm
Msg #32759

Give the lady a chance!

As everyone has seen in this thread, I believe everyone deserves to start with a clean slate. What we have here is a woman who saw the errors of her employer, left that environment, and struck off to follow her own path.

Let's not attempt to make this lady who is attempting to do the right things for us solve all the issues we've ever had with signing services.

Do as you wish, fellow NSAs, but I've faxed my commission and W-9, and I look forward to working with someone who, in my opinion, deserves an opportunity to succeed.

Reply by Anonyomous on 6/17/05 9:14am
Msg #45485

This company rips you off and wants things done her way. She takes advantage of you and will bad mouth you.

Reply by anonymous on 6/20/05 9:07am
Msg #46118

You are absolutley right, she has no people skills and treats the notaries badly. Isn't this the same Linda that worked for Sirianni? She bad mouths him continuously, so what makes us think she is reputable and would not stab us in the back us well?

Reply by MI_Notary on 4/18/05 1:04pm
Msg #32463

He still owes me as well and from December.

Reply by Teri-PA on 4/20/05 6:43am
Msg #32789

It appears from the responses of all that actually worked for Linda in her new company that their experiences were positive. She appears to be working hard to develop a strong notary network with a lot of loyalty. Certainly only time will tell whether this company will develop enough business to become a profitable venture, but her honesty and integrity have been documented. This company is worth giving a shot.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.