Notary Rotary
WHAT?!?!
Notary Discussion History

WHAT?!?!
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Charm_AL on 4/11/05 4:34pm
Msg #30972

WHAT?!?!

Signature Plus called me while out on cell and wanted me to do a signing between now and 6 pm. The borrowers had the docs. I asked what the max fee was and she says $45.00 !
I told her my fee and she said, even for an easy heloc? I don't base my fees on easy or hard!
One of my Alabama neighbors must have taken the job, as she did not "call me back if she could get approval" grrrr Stop that you guys!

Reply by Paul/MD on 4/11/05 4:41pm
Msg #30973

They called me last week... also offered $45...... I politely declined. It makes you wonder what people will do for a buck out there.

Reply by Alabama on 4/11/05 4:43pm
Msg #30976

I hear ya! I'm waiting on docs now but I would pass that on very quickly. I can make more than that in one closing. Let your fellow notaries in your area get committed to those closings so when you get one that pays what it should you can accept it!

Reply by Victoria/FL on 4/11/05 5:08pm
Msg #30983

I'll make sure to put them down on my "No-No List." That's ridiculous! Shame on the other notary for accepting that low fee!

Reply by Susie/CA on 4/11/05 5:27pm
Msg #30987

Same thing happened today with ATM . . I thought I had 'em

but someone must have did the job for 45.00. Yes, I said 50.00 since it was close and they pay quick . . but the scheduler said oh . . $50.00 well that should be fine, just let me check with my supervisor (should have know once he said that) and then I'll send you the fax confirmaton. Oh my gosh! A lousy 5.00 bucks more and he has to look elsewhere . . . and from a title co no less!! Obviously they found someone. I had forgotten about it until about an hour later and then I realized he never sent the confirmation! I agree with Chart! Grrrrrrr Stop it! Stop accepting less than 50.00! 50.00 is low enough!!

Reply by Tess/ME on 4/11/05 5:41pm
Msg #30989

Re: Same thing happened to me....

It is a regular "happening" however. It is getting to the point that I can barely get a decent fee for last minute edocs. Gas has gone up. SS wants me to drive for 2 hours (but their calculating says it is only 40 minutes) and then only pay $45. They don't call back so who in the world is dumb enough to be doing these for almost free. Trying to figure what someone is making on a $40. or $45. closing; driving for at least one hour each way, edocs, paper, gas, wear and tear on the vehicle, spending approx. another hour with the borrower. Maybe they might get minimum wage?

Reply by Anonymous on 4/12/05 1:38am
Msg #31089

Re: Same thing happened today with ATM . . I thought I had 'em

$50 is too low I say.....when the industry first took off in 99-01, that amount was ok for me cause I was just starting. Now I don't accept less than $65 for regular signings - most people get cost of living raises every year, why shouldn't we??

Reply by Jay on 4/11/05 8:08pm
Msg #31039

Signature Plus is on my list of "no pay" company. So it wouldn't have mattered if they offered $500.

Reply by Joan-OH on 4/11/05 10:07pm
Msg #31061

Be Glad

If you took it you would be chasing them down for the next 4 months for that lousy $45!

Reply by Mysti_FL on 4/11/05 10:22pm
Msg #31064

OK, don't jump all over me, cause it wasn't me......However!
Maybe the one that took that job was a BLOCK away from the borrower......ya think?
There cannot be that many people taking such low fees!!!
Could it be that after asking say, 5 people who said no to $45, they gave up, found one who would take $50 and went with it???

And, apparently, if they are in California, this might be pretty common as they try to "fish" for the lowest price?

Just thinking out loud!!!

Mysti

Reply by Lee/AR on 4/11/05 11:23pm
Msg #31069

You're probably correct. (nm)

Reply by Rikki M Bradley on 4/12/05 1:35am
Msg #31088

Signatures Plus is a company started by ex-employees of Sign on the X, and if you've ever worked for them, you know how much they suck. Same thing here, they want to pay $45 and their paperwork is TRIPLE the amount of work for regular loans. Ridiculous

Reply by cca on 5/26/05 5:42pm
Msg #40632

do they owe you money

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.