Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
What do you do when you have scheduling conflict?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by fiKS on 4/6/05 2:59pm
Msg #29977

This sometimes happens due to rescheduled appointments or when you are booked. As some of you network with other NSAs, do you (1) accept assignments in your name and "sub" the job to another NSA (2) give the other NSA's info to the scheduler. If you use method (1), do you notify SS/TC that someone else is going to the signing on your behalf?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/6/05 3:33pm
Msg #29981

If I am scheduled to do a signing and cannot do it, then I let the company know and will give them the name of another local signing agent I would not just give it to another signing agent, some companies only want notaries in their database to do their signings.
Plus, although we may think the notary we would give the signing to is a good signing agent, the company may have had problems with them we don't know about. So, I always tell them I can't do the signing but maybe XXXX would be able to help them.

And as a signing service I would want the signing agent I hired to do the signing, or to let me know they couldn't do it. I had one signing agent once scheduled to do a signing for me, and subbed it out to another signing agent. That signing agent has been removed from my database, and at least one other company's database for the same reason.

Reply by fiKS on 4/7/05 12:01am
Msg #30093

Good points. I was bummed couple of weeks ago when I had to decline several assignments due to time conflicts and it turned out the conflicts were rescheduled or canceled. When I called the TCs/SSs back, of course the jobs have been reassigned. The ones that were rescheduled conflicted with other assignments so I had to decline those too. I ended up loosing 6 assignments that week (not counting the ones that were canceled).

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.