Notary Rotary
What is going on with NASCO?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by CaliNotary on 4/6/05 7:21pm
Msg #30028

They used to be great about getting edocs to me on time, usually a day in advance. For the past rew weeks I've been having to call on practically every signing. I have 2 signings with them tonight, the first in 1.5 hours from now. No docs for either one yet and I can't reach anyone.

Last week I had a signing cancelled 2 days in a row because they couldn't get the docs to me in time to make it to the appointment at the scheduled time and the borrower had absolutely no flexibility on time. One of the days the docs showed up 20 minutes prior to the appointment time, the other day it was 45 minutes prior.

So does anyone know what the deal is? I was told "computer problems" a couple of weeks ago, but surely they'd have it worked out by now. It's frustrating as heck.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 4/6/05 7:44pm
Msg #30032

My sentiments exactly!! I had the worst today. I had one today ay 3:30pm and it was 1 1/2 to 2 hours away. I got the docs at 2:30pm. I usually can print from my car on the way. My laptop is in the shop because of a virus. I had to shut off my Norton to download edocs last week. Boom I got a virus.
The borrowers told me that they had this scheduled for last week but they could not find a notary. I think they called me but I already had one at that time. The borrowers said they were real flexible on the time.
They did not put the wife on the docs, I could not get a hold of anyone. Their interest rate also was 8.5 which they thought should have been 5.75.

I have had a problem with them for a while. I always ask for the docs in word and I have been told to make the changes in word that need to be done.

Once they put the husband twice on the continuous marriage document. They told me to change it.

When you get the docs 45 min before your appointment you do not have time to do the error checks

Today was a total disaster and I will be pursuing another business venture. My husband and I have talked and we applied for and were approved for a Home Equity Line of Credit. I will using some of that money to set up another business.

Reply by CaliNotary on 4/6/05 7:50pm
Msg #30033

Since I posted this I got some more information.

Apparently they've had a huge increase in Citibank HELOC's. But they haven't increased the doc prep staff to keep up with the new demand. So the 5 doc prep people are trudging through the best they can, but they simply can't keep up.

One of my signings for tonight looks like it was the 4th time it was scheduled. And for good measure, they don't even have the correct phone number so nobody can contact them to tell them it was cancelled. Thank god those borrowers will be calling NASCO to vent, and not me. I already had to get yelled at by another borrower last week for the same type of thing.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 4/6/05 8:02pm
Msg #30035

I was told the same thing by the broker today. It seems like Citibank has put all their eggs in 1 basket. A lot of loan companies use several title companies and signing agencies. I do a lot of Navy Federal Union and I have gotten calls from 3 different signing agencies to do them and now I am signed up directly with NFCU. If I do anymore signings, it will be overnighted docs that arrive the day before. I just turned down a signing from Nations Direct due to low low pay.

I have been working for NASCO for about a year now and I always got the docs the day before.

Reply by CaliNotary on 4/6/05 8:23pm
Msg #30038

I just hope they work it out soon. I absolutely love doing NASCO signings. Had 2 scheduled back to back tonight, neighboring cities, $125 each. Including travel time it would have taken me about 2.5 hours. And I got my weekly check from them today, $650. I will gladly do all the work they throw my way.

So I definitely like the fact that they're getting a lot more Citibank loans, as I'm assuming some of that will trickle down to me. But it'll drive me crazy if things continue like this.

The woman I spoke to told me that the doc prep department only consisted of 5 people, so it's not like they would have to do some major hiring to handle the workload.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 4/6/05 8:32pm
Msg #30040

I would love to kept working for them, I used to do 3-4 signings a day for them and they money is good.
But the time I spend worrying and making phone calls, etc. I can be making money doing something else. Time is money to me and I don't have time to babysit my email.

Reply by RP-CA on 4/6/05 9:12pm
Msg #30047

Cali, How much do you charge them for HELOCs? Is that the majority of work you get from NASCO? Do you charge less than you do for a Refi and if so, how much less? Trying to figure out what is reasonable.
Thanks!

Reply by Hampton/CA on 4/6/05 9:08pm
Msg #30046

How do you print docs in your car?

"I got the docs at 2:30pm. I usually can print from my car on the way."

How do you print from your car? I've been considering upgrading my wife's laptop and taking her old one with me, along with a laser printer for those last minute edocs. I would have to connect to the internet at the borrower's house, download the docs, and print them.

I don't know if it would be worth the trouble, but I'm interested in knowing how you are doing it.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 4/6/05 9:13pm
Msg #30049

Re: How do you print docs in your car?

My laptop is wireless and I have a 3000 watt power inverter to run my all-in-one laser printer. I can also charge camera batteries and other items. I also do inspections and I get rush assignments on the road. I do $2000 a month just in drive-bys. I get those emails in my car and do 2-hour rush assignments. I was able to pay for all my equipment in 1 month of income. It is worth it.

Reply by Hampton/CA on 4/6/05 9:19pm
Msg #30055

I'm assuming that you are using satellite for your computer. How do you stabilize your printer?

I've heard that most drive-bys pay $15 to $20. I live in a rural area and couldn't justify driving 50 miles to do a drive-by at that rate. Are you in metropolitan area, and is that how you manage to meet those income levels?

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 4/6/05 9:27pm
Msg #30059

Yes I do live in a metro area and I will not drive 50 miles for a drive-by. I get up a 5:30am every morning and I can do 10 before 10am. Mine seem to be all rush assignments and they pay $20. I can usually do 15-20 a day and still do signings in between. I have t-mobile wireless internet and it costs 19.99 a month for unlimited wireless internet. I get my edocs on the road and print them on the way to my signings. I have days that start way early and end way late. I practically live in my car, I have Sirrus Satellite Radio and a TV/DVD player in my car. I stop and have a Latte while my docs print

Reply by Shannon/Va on 4/6/05 9:34pm
Msg #30061

What are drive by inspections? Are they the same as drive by appraisals? Just to make sure the house exists and is standing? Who do you contact to do these? Please email me, [e-mail address].

No competition here, I'm in Virginia Smiley

Reply by Anonymous on 4/6/05 9:57pm
Msg #30068

please post

Margaret:

Post all the information you have on how I can get started doing what you do. too much trouble to use the search feature or to do search.

I am new and need work so you should share. If I am still interested tomorrow I will get back on here and read it.

Reply by Melody on 4/6/05 10:05pm
Msg #30073

Loved it! n/m

Reply by Ted_MI on 4/6/05 9:57pm
Msg #30069

Re: My curiosity has gotten the best of me......

Margaret,

So, what sort of new venture are you planning to engage in?

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 4/6/05 10:05pm
Msg #30072

Re: My curiosity has gotten the best of me......

I cant say because what I will be doing is nationwide and I am trying not to create my competition.

Reply by Shannon/Va on 4/6/05 10:57pm
Msg #30080

Margaret

I totally understand about not wanting the competition. As I said, I am in Virginia. No competition here. DOn't even know anybody down there. And I will never move there. TOo dang hot for me. Email me please so we can chat.

Reply by Shannon/Va on 4/6/05 11:18pm
Msg #30083

Re: Margaret-never mind

I found it.

Reply by clpflorida on 4/6/05 9:55pm
Msg #30067

What is NASCO?

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 4/6/05 10:05pm
Msg #30074

Nationwide Title and Appraisal

Reply by Mysti_FL on 4/6/05 11:13pm
Msg #30082

Re: Margaret, You are an Animal!

I love watching you in action.......LOL!
Mysti

Reply by Ted_MI on 4/6/05 10:11pm
Msg #30075

Clp,

NASCO stands for Nationwide Appraisal Services Corporation. They are a title company out of Canonsburg, PA.

Reply by Paul/MD on 4/6/05 10:37pm
Msg #30077

NASCO?

Same problems here with NASCO, especially today!!!

I had 2 with them scheduled. One set of docs I received one hour after the loan was cancelled (after already being 3 hours late). I had one scheduled for 6PM -- and at 6:45 I call them after my first one was cancelled and said that I am still waiting.... I was put on hold for 10 mins and then was told that they cancelled all appts which were scheduled 6PM or later.....

Reply by Melody on 4/6/05 11:45pm
Msg #30090

Thanks, Cali

I have two Nasco eDoc appts scheduled for tomorrow morning.

I just sent them a fax begging for edocs on time.

We shall see.

Thanks LOTS for giving me the heads up on late edoc arrival!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.