Notary Rotary
Why I cannot get to a closing/can't make this one up
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Linda/NJ on 4/11/05 2:29pm
Msg #30941

This moring while I was dropping my daughter off at the bus stop, I noticed an abnormal amount of helicopters in the air. Okay may be just a fluke. Then as I am driving down the road I see channel 69 truck, channel 7 eyewitness news, etc, etc, okay maybe the President is in town I am thinking, jokingly. Still driving down the road to deliver some documents, a state police car DRIVING 125mph AT THE VERY LEAST, swerves in my lane to pass a slower vehicle and is headed for ME! I get to the side of the road and my car slides down the embankment. I am lucky to be alive!!! With that, my cell phone rings and it is a family member who asks, 'where are you?' I tell him what just happened and he proceeds to tell me about the hostage situation 1/2 mile from my home. I go into an immediate panic mode more so than the police car situation, realizing my daughter's bus goes to that area to pick up other children. I call the school and they tell me she is in school but they are in lockdown. Which means you cannot get your child out until they are released! Okay, now I have to call the title agency and tell them why I cannot close this loan today for them. The very understanding coordinator says, "this is the best excuse ever! you can't make this one up!"

Reply by Charm_AL on 4/11/05 2:32pm
Msg #30942

Wow! that's one scary situation...Glad you and your daughter are ok.

Reply by LT_SOCAL on 4/11/05 2:37pm
Msg #30944

Holy cow! If that M Company could not understand forget them....you will have other companies that will need your services! The well being of you and your children come first! I hope everything turn out alright. Prayers for ya!

Reply by Tami/Oh on 4/11/05 3:21pm
Msg #30954

I too hope that everything is alright with you and your family.

I do think SS and TC sometimes think we signing agents are immortal and can move heaven and earth when it comes to a signing. I think most of us (or I can certainly say I do )try our hardest to be professional and get to our signings on time, however sometimes S**T happens that is really not in our control. As long as you know you did the best you could do, there will be other jobs. However, I know that it's bad when don't get any support from the company who gave you the job initially.

Reply by Linda/NJ on 4/11/05 3:30pm
Msg #30959

The title co. understood. But, if he did not believe me, he could have turned on any news station anywhere in the USA and problably would have heard about it! Or check on the internet. Thanks for all support. I was soooo nervous with my daughter being locked in school! And not being able to get to her. What a horrible feeling!

Reply by Ernest_CT on 4/11/05 5:27pm
Msg #30988

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Reply by Linda/NJ on 4/11/05 6:50pm
Msg #31027

Hello Everyone, well I think it's over, the hostage situation. All of the helicopters a gone. Thanks all for your concern. I feel sorry for the woman that got involved with this crazy person in the first place. Thank God he did not harm the baby or her. Okay now, day two of this week............

Reply by Donna CA on 4/11/05 8:54pm
Msg #31053

Hopefully, it can only get better from this point on!

Reply by Donna CA on 4/11/05 8:55pm
Msg #31054

Linda what part of Jersey are you in?

Reply by Linda/NJ on 4/11/05 9:14pm
Msg #31055

North/West Jersey. Next to Easton, PA

Reply by Jon on 4/12/05 1:27am
Msg #31086

Linda says,

>>>>The very understanding coordinator says, "this is the best excuse ever! you can't make this one up!"<<<<

Now we can. Smiley

Seriously, hope everything worked out O.K.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.