Notary Rotary
acknowledgement certificate
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by queen on 4/9/05 9:02pm
Msg #30757

I am kind of new. I have been doing closings with one particular agency. I another agency called me for a signing. I accomodated the signing; however, they need acknowledgements attached. Does anyone know where I can download those forms right now? The other agency always provided this with their packages. I do believe that I should have some with me at all times.

Reply by SL_CA on 4/9/05 9:27pm
Msg #30763

http://www.uslegalforms.com On the lefthand side .....Click on Forms by subject..... and then your state.

Reply by Angee/VA on 4/9/05 10:03pm
Msg #30770

Certificates can also be ordered from the National Notary Association. www.nationalnotary.org

Reply by HisHughness on 4/9/05 10:10pm
Msg #30772

Angee notes:

***Certificates can also be ordered from the National Notary Association. www.nationalnotary.org***

Why would anyone order notarial certificates in this day of computers/printers? Why not just copy one out of a loan packet and run off as many as you need?

Reply by Angee/VA on 4/9/05 10:29pm
Msg #30773

Hugh... You are so quick to be unnecessarily critical over NOTHING really.

Anyway, I stated Certificates CAN ALSO BE ordered from the NNA.... in which they can. Mainly, because they have all or most of the certificates that we use and I've ordered some from them and there is a hard cover on the back of each set of certificates that gives an example of instructions that help if you ever get stumped about the wording of that particular certificate. They are already binded together and that's helpful for carrying on closing.

I never stated there was a problem printing the certificates from on- line. I was offering another good option.

Reply by HisHughness on 4/9/05 10:43pm
Msg #30777

Angee excoriates me:

***You are so quick to be unnecessarily critical over NOTHING really.***

Gee, Angee, I hope I never have occasion to post anything to you that is actually critical. The effect of that might be life-threatening for you.

Reply by Angee/VA on 4/9/05 10:48pm
Msg #30779

Gee, Hugh, I really hate burst your inflated ego on this one...but nothing you say or ever could say to me is life-threatening. please believe that.

Reply by HisHughness on 4/10/05 12:13am
Msg #30790

Angee emphasizes:

***Gee, Hugh, I really hate burst your inflated ego on this one...but nothing you say or ever could say to me is life-threatening. please believe that.***

I believe that. Feel better?

Reply by Stephen_VA on 4/10/05 5:52am
Msg #30799

Well, at the rate I use the loose certificates I found the ones that are available here on Notary Rotary to be well worth the few dollar cost. They look very nice, they are bound, and they are inexpensive. Instead of wasting time on the computer designing it, I will forgo a soda or a latte over the weekend.

Reply by Ted_MI on 4/10/05 12:28pm
Msg #30820

Re: Hugh - why?

Hugh,

Well because all of us at one time or another were rank beginners. I must confess that at least that is my experience. I ordered a whole pad of acknowledgements and a whole pad of jurats from NNA, when I was just getting started, about a year ago.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/10/05 4:45pm
Msg #30836

Re: Hugh - why?

Yes, I started out buying the ones available through the ASN. But then I bought their CD with all the certificates on it, so I just print them out as I need them.
(I carry 10 of every type of certificate in my briefcase)

Reply by jojo_MN on 4/9/05 11:21pm
Msg #30784

You might try your SOS website. I know Minnesota and Wisconsin both have the correct wording to use for their states. I keep extras in my briefcase. You can also type "acknowledgement form + (your state)" in the search bar. One site I found is: http://www.ilrg.com/forms/affidavit-gen/us/mn. You can put the initials of your state in the last place. (i.e. mn is Minnesota). There are quite a few different sites that provide free forms also. Just print them off yourself.

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 4/9/05 11:42pm
Msg #30787

you can create your own acknowledgement forms at www.notarydepot.com. Also invoices.

Reply by Nd_WA on 4/10/05 4:50am
Msg #30798

Each state has different requirement, your state notary handbook or SOS website should have example of certificates with the correct wording to use.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.