background checks
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by SarahBeth_CA on 4/18/05 5:06pm
Msg #32507

background checks

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 4/18/05 5:10pm
Msg #32508

oops his enter...

So here I am filling out my zillionth Independant Contractor Agreement and it has a separate sheet that says additional oppertunities for those who consent to criminal background check. In CA you have to go thru a background check to be commisioned. So it would be safe to assume that there are states that don't. I was thinking of just filling it out and adding a note that in CA it is a requirement for commision and send it in.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/18/05 5:21pm
Msg #32511

Some companies do want their own background check. TransUnion is one of them, and you have to pay for it - but I still get called from them even though I wouldn't agree to the background check.

LSI (in PA) are also wanting one - theirs is because USAA (one of their lenders) is requiring it, But LSI paid for the background check, so I did allow them to do one, mainly because they are one of my main companies and I get a lot of USAA through them.

The message with the request was that they realized some states did background checks, but these are more thorough, and there were no exceptions if you wanted to work with them.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 4/18/05 5:28pm
Msg #32514

I don't have a problem with them doing one since I have nothing to hide. But I will only do it if the ss pays for it.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/18/05 5:29pm
Msg #32515

SaraBeth
May I ask which company it is?

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 4/18/05 5:38pm
Msg #32518

Nations Signature Closers, Inc.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 4/18/05 8:19pm
Msg #32538

You may find it helpful to use the "Search" button to look up the company on this Forum. A note I have may not be accurate, but ....

You should also search for background checks. There are threads you would find helpful.

Good luck!

Reply by knowledge on 5/18/05 3:03pm
Msg #38754

Instead of listening to everyone on this site who has went through their "own" issues with the companies why wouldnt a person simply pick up the phone and call that company and ask them. There are always 2 sides to every situation...... Majority of lenders and title companies are Requiring updated background checks due to fraud

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.