Notary Rotary
closing....
Notary Discussion History

closing....
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by tee FL on 4/13/05 7:35pm
Msg #31540

closing....

Hi i am a newbie! I have refi closing i will be doing on friday evening, this i my first time receiving docs... and i am soooo nervous. i just want to ask some of the more seasoned notaries what do they do first when they receive the docs???? tia tee

Reply by Becca/FL on 4/13/05 7:37pm
Msg #31541

Uhh - download & print them.

Reply by Becca/FL on 4/13/05 7:38pm
Msg #31543

Uhh - download & print them.

Reply by tee FL on 4/13/05 7:42pm
Msg #31545

DUH! well maybe i should rephrase the ???? You look the pkg over put your little arrow stickies on it and read any requirements the lender may want???? I just do not want to make any mistakes i'm sure you were there feeling like this at one time or another.

Reply by Becca/FL on 4/13/05 7:49pm
Msg #31549

Yes, we are in FloriDUH, just take a look @ recent national headlines.

Do what ever you think you need to do to complete your assignment corectly. Most of the time, I am too busy to review a pkg and I hate the sticky arrows. The most important things to do are 1) review the instructions from the company that contracted with you and 2) review your work for mistakes at least two times.

Reply by MsMatilde_FL on 4/13/05 7:52pm
Msg #31551

Yes, Becca I know that we are in FloriDUH but damn, be a little bit courteous to the girl!
This is supposed to be a helpful forum, not for other "professionals" to attack each other.
BE A LITTLE BIT NICER..... A DOESN'T HURT TO HELP SOMEONE ELSE AT TIMES!
CHEER UP!

Reply by tee Fl on 4/13/05 7:53pm
Msg #31552

Thanks for your insight Becca FL.... I didn't mean my mesg to come out as rude in any way. Tia

Reply by MsMatilde_FL on 4/13/05 7:46pm
Msg #31547

Just print them, go over them.
Read all the documents throughly. Contact the borrower to co firm the appointment. You may want to adhere some "sign here", to make it easier ans faster for yourself and the borrower.
One more thing, during the signing if the borrower(s) ask you questions about the mortgage, appraisal, ect. tell him/her you are only there to obtain their signatures so that they can close (BE NICE!, SMILE). If he/she does not agree with something that's on the document, he/she has to contact the loan officer (who should already have explained him/her what they'll be signing!)
good luck....... Tee, you'll do fine! Take a deep breath, and if you feel unsafe due to the area, take someone with you, just remember they have to stay in the car during the signing!

Best of luck to you!

Reply by tee FL on 4/13/05 7:51pm
Msg #31550

MISSMATILDE, Thanks soooo much for the kind words!!!! the reassurance makes me feel soo much better. I knew i would get an kind person to give me good advice I would hope you will be able to reply to me again some day soon! and Best regards to you also!

Reply by MsMatilde_FL on 4/13/05 7:53pm
Msg #31553

Thanks. I hope I can be helpful to someone else again. Good luck! You'll do fine.... just don't make it obvious that it's your first!

Reply by tee Fl on 4/13/05 7:55pm
Msg #31554

THANK YOU VERY MUCH AGAIN! Have a nice evening.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/13/05 8:22pm
Msg #31560

Tee
First of all pray that the docs will come on time (if they are edocs)

Then when you have them printed out - and make sure that you print a second set for the borrower, and that you have two RTC's for each person on the title and a copy of the TIL for each person on title as well as the copy of each you will be sending back signed.

Go over them (I don't mess with putting stickies on them) - if you have time before the appointment. They are never in the order I like to present them in, so I always arrange them to suit my presentation.

Familiarize yourself on where the signature lines are on each document (if you feel more comfortable put a "sign here" sticker on them.

Where in Florida are you???

Reply by tee Fl on 4/13/05 8:39pm
Msg #31576

Hi I am in Jacksonville, Fl How Bout you?. Well they are suppose to overnight them to me and i was told they would probably not have to send anything else to me I PRAY that this is TRUE! I am SOOO Nervous it is not funny. Hey I know this may sound stupid but you print put two RTC"S For each Borrower? AND I am Sorry but i do not know what TIL stands for???? thanks in advance! Tee

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/13/05 8:47pm
Msg #31583

Tee
Yes, if you are printing out edocs. Each person on title (which will be the ones signing the mortage) have to have two copies each. That is what they are signing for on the RTC that they are receiving two copies each.
Each person also has to have one copy of the TIL (Truth in Lending) disclosure.

Click on the link to my profile, and if you need any help or get stuck give me a call and I will do my best to help you.

Oh - I am in Palm Bay - next to Melbourne, in Brevard county

Reply by tee FL on 4/13/05 8:52pm
Msg #31591

THanks Sylvia! hey they are Overnighting the docs to me still do 2 copies? I know i sound goofy but a stupid ? is the ? not asked i say! so to click on your profile i just go up to your posted by name? i am new to this thanks.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/13/05 8:56pm
Msg #31597

If they are overnighting the docs to you, then there should be the right number of copies for the borrower.

Yes, click on my name and it will take you to my profile.

Reply by tee Fl on 4/13/05 9:02pm
Msg #31608

Hey i want to thank all you guys for giving me helpful advice! I know i am ready to do this but i think just scared to death of making errors.... BUT I WILL THINK POSITIVE AND GO IN THERE AND GET ER DONE! Hey i will check out your profile. tia

Reply by Ernest_CT on 4/13/05 8:48pm
Msg #31585

Sorry, tee, you're not ready to do a signing.

You are asking too many questions that a Notary Signing Agent (often abbreviated NSA) should know. Please take an experienced NSA with you, or at least have one go over the docs with you before you go. (Buy the person dinner, or something equivalent.)

Yes, everybody has to begin somewhere, and we were all new once, but you're asking for trouble. Not just for yourself, but for the borrower(s) as well.

Reply by tee Fl on 4/13/05 8:55pm
Msg #31595

Re: Sorry, tee, you're not ready to do a signing.

Hi, Yes i Do have a friend that is an agent as well and has been doing it for awhile, she said she would help me out i think i might be having stage fright because i used to put loan pkgs together about 6 yrs ago and a bit rusty indeed. But thanks for your insight though.

Reply by Margaret_FL on 4/13/05 8:56pm
Msg #31596

Hi Tee,

I am in the Jacksonville area. I actually live in Atlantic Beach. If you need some help, I would be glad to help you. You are asking some pretty basic questions that you should already know before going to your first signing. Click on my name next to the orange square to get my email.

Reply by Tee Fl on 4/13/05 8:59pm
Msg #31603

Hey Margaret! WHEW! Yes i know i am ready to do the signing i am just one of those people that when i am new to something i tend to ask even the most simple ?'s Just to make sure I know what i am doing do you get me? Hey i am glad that you live close by how long have you been doing this and thanks for offering your expertise.

Reply by Margaret_FL on 4/13/05 9:05pm
Msg #31612

I have been doing closings for 3 years. I just had a horrible night tonight. Closing was to occur at 6:00pm. Got the call at 3:45pm and was told docs were ready. No docs until 7:00pm
Got to the closing at 8:00pm, it was only 6 miles away. The borrowers were not home. Title company did not give me any phone numbers but they told me that the borrower knew it would be late that he was waiting on me. Quess what? Borrower was not home. I called a number on the work truck outside and the borrower said no one called him so he and his wife went to dinner and they were not doing the signing tonight. Well quess what, I probably will not get paid for my edocs. It was a 1st and 2nd Mortgage. This has happened to me more than once.

Reply by Tee Fl on 4/13/05 9:10pm
Msg #31616

OH MY GOODNESS.... So you probably will not get paid at all?

Reply by Margaret_FL on 4/13/05 9:12pm
Msg #31618

She said she would try to get me $50 for my edocs since there were 2 loan packages. But so far getting paid for EDOCS has not been successful. Are you doing this fulltime or are you working and doing this part-time?

Reply by tee FL on 4/13/05 9:17pm
Msg #31623

I am doing this Part-time i am a stay at home mom, and decided to get into something like this i love to meet new people,.... well when you stay at home with a preschooler you can't wait to have some adult conversations if you know what i mean HAHA.

Reply by tee FL on 4/13/05 9:06pm
Msg #31613

HI Margaret, JUst checked out your profile i have your e-mail address. if you don't mind maybe i can e-mail you and we can talk. tia Tee

Reply by Margaret_FL on 4/13/05 9:08pm
Msg #31615

Sure, that would be fine

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.