Notary Rotary
cost of gas vs cost of crude
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Art_MD on 4/7/05 8:46am
Msg #30118

As the prices keep rising, I'm sure people wonder where the $$$ are going.

a barrell of crude yields approx 50 gallons of gasoline.
The average state + federal tax total is $ .485/gallon

If crude is $50.00/barrell
the $$ for gas go:

$1.00 for the crude
.48 for the state/fed tax
.40 average cost of refining/distributing (this is for standard summer blend gasoline in mid america - NOT special blends required in CA, or certain areas required by EPA to use special blends i.e. NYC, Chicago)
____
$1.88 before retailer makes a profit.

Note: for every dollar the price of a barrell rises, there is a $ .02/gallon cost increase.

Art

Reply by melissaNV on 4/7/05 9:07am
Msg #30122

I know that the people who own the pumps, like the 7-11's, only make .02 per gallon. Defiantly, the higher up's making the money.

Reply by Tecia on 4/7/05 11:38am
Msg #30161

So, does this mean we raise the cost of accepting assignments? Sounds like a winner to me. Signing services will soon have to realize that the normal $50 to $75 isn't going to work anymore.

Reply by jojo_MN on 4/7/05 12:02pm
Msg #30165

Raising your prices will only help if there aren't SA's out there willing to accept $40 and $50 signings. I've been undercut a lot recently by local notaries with companies I've been signing for a couple years now for that reason. They've always been loyal to me until the newer ones are showing up. Thanks, NNA! :(

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.