embosser, and stamp?
Notary Discussion History

embosser, and stamp?
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by shh on 4/11/05 1:26pm
Msg #30915

embosser, and stamp?

Hi:

I am a newbie..and you will know by my question...do you need both the embosser and the stamp? On the forms, does it require both?

I have just decided to become a Notary and was checking out this forum before I take the class.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 4/11/05 1:46pm
Msg #30921

You need to check YOUR state's requirements. (If you add your state abbreviation, then it may result in a better answer.)

Anyway, some states use only the inked stamps, some states use the embosser -or- inked stamp, some don't REQUIRE either, but the inked stamp is best as it shows the signatures were notarized to out-of-state eyes.

I don't know if any state still REQUIRES the embosser or not.

Again, you need to check YOUR state's laws concerning what is required to properly perform a notarial act.

Reply by Charm_AL on 4/11/05 2:47pm
Msg #30948

PAW... Al requires the embosser...n/m

Reply by PAW_Fl on 4/11/05 3:29pm
Msg #30956

Re: Charm ... Thanks (n/m)

Smiley

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/11/05 1:48pm
Msg #30922

What state are you in?

What made you decide to become a notary?

Which notary class are you taking?

Sorry for the questions - just curious.

Reply by shh on 4/11/05 2:08pm
Msg #30931

Re: embosser, and stamp?..thanks

Thanks for replying so fast....I live in CA, and will check on that question about using both or not.

I was widowed almost 2 years ago, (I am only 50)..and heard on radio about Notaries.

My sisters are both Notaries in Texas, and NM but never had to take a test?!

It sounded like the type job I would like, and from what they say here in CA, the money is good??!! Dont know now, as I read the message boards if that is true.

It seems like you have to invest alot of your own money for classes, supplies ect.

Was also wondering about the suitcase style carrying case the National Notary Ass. offers (79.00)........ or what kind of case y'all use?

I will also take the loan signing course they offer that same day after the Notary class.

The class is Rome Notary, and have checked it out, which looks like it is reliable place.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/11/05 4:42pm
Msg #30974

You will find that California is saturated with notaries and signing agents.
Yes, there is an investment. You need cell phone and fax machine. Also a laser printer for edocs, and a DSL or Cable if possible as dial up is too slow for downloading the edocs.

As for a briefcase, I have the "old fashioned" leather briefcase, I always thought it looked more professional.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/11/05 4:42pm
Msg #30975

You will find that California is saturated with notaries and signing agents.
Yes, there is an investment. You need cell phone and fax machine. Also a laser printer for edocs, and a DSL or Cable if possible as dial up is too slow for downloading the edocs.

As for a briefcase, I have the "old fashioned" leather briefcase, I always thought it looked more professional.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 4/11/05 6:41pm
Msg #31023

There's an existing thread.

PLease use the "Search" button at the top of the Forum page and search for message number 29761. You will see two opinions from CT (I respect Bobbi and her opinions very much! she's my hero.) as well as from other states. The seal and embosser question has many sides.

Reply by Shh on 4/11/05 7:32pm
Msg #31030

Re: There's an existing thread...hello !!!!!

Hi:

Thanks to all for responding..I did find out in CA that you dont need both...I think I will forget about the Embosser, and just use the stamp !!

They did say if you used the Embosser, the stamp is REQUIRED, also.

Actually..after reading so many messages..I wonder if this is going to be such a great job after all..it's very disheartening to see so many negative messages, and haven't seen one positive one about being a Notary or Loan Signer !!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.