Notary Rotary
help please!
Notary Discussion History

help please!
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 4/13/05 7:18pm
Msg #31531

help please!

Hi I am a newbie, just have a question i am in florida and i know you need to have two witnesses at the closing..... i have never done a closing before so i just want to make sure , there will be places for these witnesses to sign correct? thanks in advance

Reply by Anonymous on 4/13/05 7:21pm
Msg #31532

I am in Florida also. From my experience, a floria notary can act as a notary as well as a witness at a signing. What type of signing is it?

Reply by Anonymous on 4/13/05 7:28pm
Msg #31536

sorry i didn't answer your question it is a refinance.

Reply by Anonymous on 4/13/05 7:21pm
Msg #31533

What does the FL Notary Handbook say about this?

Reply by Anonymous on 4/13/05 7:27pm
Msg #31535

hi, yes i was looking further in my fl law handbook and fl does req two witnesses, but the notary can be one of those witnesses..... so two witnesses on the deed and some lenders may want it on the mortgage as well...... thanks for all who responded..... have a great night.

Reply by Ted_MI on 4/13/05 7:33pm
Msg #31538

Re: heh Anons - a suggestion

I think it would be easier to follow the thread if one of you billed yourself as Anon - 1 and the other as Anon - 2.

Reply by Becca/FL on 4/13/05 7:39pm
Msg #31544

OR - 3, 4, etc.

Why not just post your name & State?????

Reply by Anonymous on 4/13/05 8:15pm
Msg #31558

can you please explain further, i dont understand your lingo!!!!!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/13/05 8:28pm
Msg #31566

On the assumption that this is not Korey - there seem to be a lot of "anonymous" posts lately with the same "style"

You mention a deed and a mortgage. If there is a deed in the package, yes you will need 2 witnesses and one can be the notary. And the names MUST be printed under the signature.
This is for a Quit Claim Deed/Grant Deed etc.
The mortgage does not require witnesses. We are not a witness state.

Reply by LAG_FL on 4/13/05 8:37pm
Msg #31574

I was a loan officer in the past and am just getting into this line of work again and I don't remember this.....Who would you have be the other witness.

Reply by Tee FL on 4/13/05 8:46pm
Msg #31581

Hey, I am a newbie also, from what i thought.... in fl it is a witness state you have to have two witnesses, one of which can be the notary please let me know if this is wrong i have a closing very very soon! tia

Reply by LAG-FL on 4/13/05 8:50pm
Msg #31588

Tee What is your email Address?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/13/05 8:53pm
Msg #31592

Florida is not a witness state!
Witnesses are not required on a mortgage (although some companies may require witnesses - but it is NOT a Florida requirement)

Deeds that convey property - Quit Claim deed, Grant Deed, Warranty deed, do require two witnesses and one can be the notary. It is up to the person signing the document to provide the second witness, not the notary/signing agent's job to provide witnesses.

Reply by tee Fl on 4/13/05 8:56pm
Msg #31598

Thank you for clearing this up for me.... you have helped tremendously.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.