Notary Rotary
helpppp with adobe 7 :(
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by christi/socal on 4/19/05 5:08pm
Msg #32719

the problem is when I try to download attachments from my e-mail , it comes up blank with the message "error opening doc- file cannot be found" I've tried removing and reinstalling adobe but that hasn't work. I never had a problem with adobe 6. I can download and save to computer just not the "open" and I did do a search but didn't find my problem mentioned.
TIA

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 4/19/05 5:27pm
Msg #32721

I've had the same problem. Had to reboot my computer and "Save" the document to my hard drive and then open. I did end up reinstalling Adobe 7 and it's working fine, as long as I "Save" the doc first.

Reply by Stephen_VA on 4/19/05 5:30pm
Msg #32722

Can you type the exact error? With the dialog title as well? I think I have seen this before, but some of the errors are subtly different.

Reply by christi/socal on 4/20/05 1:17am
Msg #32782

on the top it just says adobe reader
then an i in a circle then " there was an error opening this file.
This file cannot be found"
thats it nithing else.
I can view it if I save it, but I'd like to do it without that extra step.
Thanks again Smiley

Reply by adrock fl on 4/20/05 10:38am
Msg #32855

i've had this as well. Save the file to your desk top. then right click on the file. it should say in the list open with then give you a list of programs to open the file with. click word or adobe. If you have adobe 7 you are running windows xp correct? IF so at one time or another the program asked if you wanted to make adobe or word your default program to read your files. you clicked yes. as i did. it took me a while to figure it out. i installed and reinstalled.
hope it works.
Adrock fl

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.