list of companies on this site
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by saphire on 4/12/05 5:31pm
Msg #31280

Hi:

Thanks to all who have been so helpful. I was wondering about the compaines on the list and the stars given to them.

Would you advice someone new to go on each site and sign up. I was hoping not all companies charge for listing with them.

I also got a list because I took a class for Notaries (Notaryclass.com), it's about 45 companies, and says to list with them.

Reply by MaggieMae on 4/12/05 5:36pm
Msg #31282

I took the notaryclasses.com class too and received a list of 100 companies. I'd recommend starting with the companies with 3 to 4 stars next to their names and see what happens. This Thursday I'm bringing Krispie Kremes to some title companies and see if I can endear myself to them and drum up some business that way.

Good luck!

Reply by Laura_NH on 4/12/05 6:56pm
Msg #31304

MaggieMae, is the notaryclasses.com class to become a certified signing agent? and I think your Krispie Kreme idea is a great one! Good luck! Laura

Reply by MaggieMae on 4/12/05 5:38pm
Msg #31283

PS...

Most of the companies DO NOT charge the notary to sign up with them. I stayed away from the ones that did, as recommended by my notaryclasses.com instructor.

Reply by saphire_CA on 4/12/05 5:48pm
Msg #31287

Re: PS...

Thanks Maggie !!

Reply by Joseph_CA on 4/12/05 8:36pm
Msg #31335

Where in CA are you located at Magie?

Reply by MaggieMae on 4/19/05 1:20pm
Msg #32669

Sunny San Diego Joe!

Reply by Ernest_CT on 4/13/05 1:23am
Msg #31378

Never pay a signing service to work for them.

You will be ripped off. No self-respecting professional would expect to pay a company for the privilege of working for them.

Paying for membership with Notary Rotary, however, is different. Signing services and other companies which hire notaries DO search here. The membership fee is well worth it, IMHO.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/13/05 8:16am
Msg #31404

Re: Never pay a signing service to work for them.

Ernest is correct - never pay a signing company to be listed with them.

I have often said that those signing companies that charge a fee to be listed with them are using you to build up their capital.
When I started my signing service I made sure I had enough capital to pay my signing agents when they completed the signing. I did not rely on other signing agents to build up the capital.

Reply by ColleenCA on 4/13/05 9:05am
Msg #31409

Re: Never pay a signing service to work for them.

Yes, and one company has been marketing over and over again this week with emails to sign up with them for 49.00 per year! This company has been addressed in this forum before on this issue. I keep responding to the emails with "no thanks" but they continue to send them.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.