Notary Rotary
new notary need help fast
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by BarbTN on 4/11/05 12:12pm
Msg #30894

I am a new notary who just accepted an assignment. Problem: don't have a laser printer or DSL yet. The docs were sent by e-mail and I need to know if I could convert my Lexmarkx63 to do the work need. Please hurry with answer as I have appointment in about 1 hour.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Reply by Charm_AL on 4/11/05 12:13pm
Msg #30895

you can't print docs on anything BUT laser...get to your nearest Kinkos quick!

Reply by Art_MD on 4/11/05 12:29pm
Msg #30898

Re: get prepared before you do take another assignment

It's awful late to be asking about e-docs and printers when your assignment is in one hour.

Start by doing a search using "newbie". Read everything.
Do a search using "e-docs". Read everything
Do a search using "printer". Read everything
Do a search using "PCL". Read everthing.
Do a search using "kinko" - this will tell you about using them for e-docs.

Once you have done this, you will have a lot more questions. Use the search function to further answer your questions.

Good luck,

Art

Reply by charm-al on 4/11/05 12:29pm
Msg #30899

Thanks--You are a charm.

Reply by Art_MD on 4/11/05 12:46pm
Msg #30902

Charm,

I figured Barb would read all the responses. You gave her a solution, I was giving advice.

Art

Reply by CaliNotary on 4/11/05 12:47pm
Msg #30904

I don't think this reply was from Charm, I think it was directed to her by someone who doesn't know how to use this forum correctly.

Reply by Art_MD on 4/11/05 12:50pm
Msg #30905

your probably correct.

Thanks,

Art

Reply by Charm_AL on 4/11/05 1:05pm
Msg #30909

Art...

no, that wasn't me, I just answered because of her panic situation. I'm sure she got a jolt and will be better prepared next time, but I felt bad for her. I've been in a pinch myself before, not with this but other things Smiley

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/11/05 1:23pm
Msg #30912

Too late for this one, but next time you are called for an assignment, ask the scheduler whether the docs will be overnighted or if they will be edocs (because, above all else, you need to charge more for edocs than overnighted docs).

Reply by BarbTN on 4/11/05 2:53pm
Msg #30949

Yes Art, I did post wrong--the message was directed to Charm from me.

Again, Thanks everyone for the advice. Next time I will be prepared.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 4/11/05 4:59pm
Msg #30980

You have to set your own prices, but ...

... you should be aware that the NNA says $65 for overnight. As Sylvia has pointed out, you should charge additional for edocs.

Please note that you must never print docs on an inkjet-type printer. Only a laser printer is acceptable.

If you do not get your own laser printer you will be making many hurried trips to Kinko's and paying them for printing. You will also have to wait your turn in line. The only long-term solution is your own laser printer.

As you will be told (gently and otherwise), read all the posts on this Forum. Yes, all of them. You'll get an education. Use the "Search" button before asking a question. Most questions a newbie will have have been asked and answered many times.

Best of luck!

Reply by BarbTN on 4/11/05 10:10pm
Msg #31062

Re: You have to set your own prices, but ...

Thank you all for the advice. I have started reading the posts and will be better educated on my next go round.

It is great having a group of your peers who is there when you need them.

Blessing to all.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.