Notary Rotary
now what?
Notary Discussion History

now what?
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Veronica1CA on 4/14/05 1:49pm
Msg #31781

now what?

I got a call yesterday afternoon from this company in LA to request notarial services in my area.

The rep from this company called me at least 3 times to confirm the appointment, and e-mailed appointment confirmation and client's information. The docs were going to be fedexed overnight,to be received at my place this morning.

This morning the lender called me to confirm that I was going to the appointment, which I confirmed.

At 10:50 am the fedex truck arrives but there was no package from this company. So I called the girl I spoke with yesterday and she said she forgot to call mein regards to this client, that they are going to callmewith the new appointment and time.

In the mindtime, I did not go to my part-time job and I turned down two calls for notarial services. No need to sai I am starting in this business and I am very upset about this.

Is this company responsible to pay my fees eventhough services were not rendered because of their lack of organization/responsibility?

Can somebody gide me on this?

Reply by janCA on 4/14/05 2:04pm
Msg #31786

Unfortunately this happens quite often in this business. It just goes with the territory. Since you did not go to the signing, I doubt whether you would be able to collect any kind of compensation.

Reply by Ted_MI on 4/14/05 8:09pm
Msg #31860

Re: in addition

Jan,

Nor for that matter did she print out any docs. So no possibility of an e-docs fee.

Reply by Art_MD on 4/14/05 2:04pm
Msg #31787

The bad news is that they may be morally obligated to pay you something, but the business world isn't necessarily moral.

I don't know of anyone who pays if a signing is cancelled several hours before the signing time. There a few rare cases, but they are negotiated between the NSA and the TC/SS.

You'll have to chalk this up to experience - it sometimes happens. If you read this board regularly, you see postings where people have had 8 signing lined up during a week, only to have 3 cancelled. Not a normal percentage, but it happens.

Good luck.

Art

Reply by IZZY/CA on 4/14/05 3:50pm
Msg #31807

Next time when u agree to an assignment ask them two more questions, when will i get pay?and what happens if it gets cancel? and try to negotiate a cancelation fee, usually i get $25 for doing nothing, unless i printed out the forms then i ask for $35

Reply by Marie.fl on 4/14/05 9:57pm
Msg #31884

You're screwed!!!!!!

It happens all the time in this business and is extremely frustrating. I had 6 last minute cancelations in one week and didn't get a penny for any of them. The worst part is the signings you turn down because of the one's you've agreed to do only to have them get canceled. Not only did you not get paid for the job you agreed to do you lost out on any replacement jobs.

Welcome to the wonderful world of signing agents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plan on this happening to you weekly.

Reply by Veronica1CA on 4/15/05 12:47am
Msg #31893

Re: now what? . . . miracles exist!

I was able to negotiate with this TC to give me a replacement assingment instead or to keep me as the signing agent for this same assingment whenever the problem was solved and the client was ready to sign.

I am back on the job and because I complained with the supervisor, the are going to pay 60% more than my asking fee

UNVELIBABLE! but true

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INPUT

Veronica

Reply by Ernest_CT on 4/15/05 2:39pm
Msg #32004

If I were you, ...

... I'd jump through hoops for this particular company! Their treatment of you after the cancellation is NOT the norm. Congratulations!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.