Notary Rotary
ok...now what?...
Notary Discussion History

ok...now what?...
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Charm_AL on 4/18/05 10:29am
Msg #32420

ok...now what?...

I accepted an assignment for this morning at 11 on last Thursday morning, less than I wanted but I figured what the heck...I called the SS on Friday am after I realized I'd have to hit the road at a certain time to BE on time and that I needed the docs before th end of the day, I had to leave a message. Meanwhile I confirmed with borrower, he even volunteered directions. The SS calls me at 4:PM on Friday and says she talked to the TC and they were leaving for the day and start at AM on Monday, "can you call the borrower and make it later?"
I called at least seven times throughout the weekend, after I left a voice message to change the time on Friday night. I think the phone was off the hook afterwords because I consistently got the busy signal.
Here it is 10:15...no call from SS no e-docs and no communication with borrower. Now what, why am I feeling so guilty? What would you do?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/18/05 10:37am
Msg #32422

Continuous busy could be because borrowers are "surfing the net"

I would try and get a hold of the borrower and explain that you are waiting for the documents.
And also keep trying the SS.
Not much else you can do, and no reason to feel guilty.

Reply by Charm_AL on 4/18/05 10:50am
Msg #32425

thanks Sylvia, I left another message with the SS at 9am...still nothing from any source and heading out for a busy day after 1pm....oh well, I tried. I'm starting to think the borrower simply changed his mind and is not taking my call. Even if this does go thru, I can't do it til tonight.

Reply by Charm_AL on 4/18/05 11:01am
Msg #32428

problem solved...SS called, it's not happening today :)

Reply by Ted_MI on 4/18/05 10:27pm
Msg #32557

Re: No reason to feel guilty

Charm,

Heh, from what you say you did leave a voice message with the borrower. I imagine you asked them to call you back. I think that was sufficient.

I had a very comparable experience - same time framework, pretty much. I had a HELOC signing scheduled for eight this morning. Saturday rolls around and then goes bye bye and no docs from Fed-ex. Now I know there isn't any fed-ex delivery on Sunday. So around noon on Sunday I called the borrower and left a message explaining the problem. I called when I did to give the borrower more time to contact her estranged husband who also would be signing. Did I hear back from her on Sunday? Nope. Did I call her again on Sunday? Nope.

Anyway, the situation did get resolved. She called mid morning today; the docs arrived at 9:30 a.m., and the borrower accepted my proposed postponement (made during my sunday call) until Wednesday morning at 8:00 a.m. So everything is now cool.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.