Notary Rotary
1st signing
Notary Discussion History

1st signing
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 8/2/05 1:42pm
Msg #56433

1st signing

I was hired to do a signing for an escrow company by a L/S company. I did the signing over a week ago and have not heard from either one. I am assuming everything was ok. Wouldn't the escrow company contact me right away if there was a problem with the loan docs?

Reply by Charm_AL on 8/2/05 1:44pm
Msg #56437

Yep! No news usually indicates GOOD news! Congrats...Those first couple of signings had me shakin' in my boots Smiley

Reply by Anonymous on 8/2/05 1:52pm
Msg #56442

Thanks Charm!

Reply by Jenny/CA on 8/2/05 2:52pm
Msg #56453

Just wondering when did you stop getting nervous? Some have said that it takes 100 signings .

Reply by Charm_AL on 8/2/05 3:05pm
Msg #56457

Re: 1st signing - Jenny...

It took about 5 and when no one called me back, I said "I can do this"!
I just looked at every doc before the apt., and checked, double and triple checked signatures, etc. afterward.
By 15 or so, I developed a greater confidence and actually started looking forward to the work lol
I'm proud to say that with extra diligence and accurate work and about 125+ signings, I've found myself on several companies 'call first list' and that's a good place to be!
Good Luck

Reply by Jenny/CA on 8/2/05 3:20pm
Msg #56464

That is great I can't wait until I get to that point.

I have yet to see the documents ahead of time or at least with enough time for me to review them in their entirety. For one reason or another I've gotten them 1hr. before the appt. For me that hasn't been enough time considering pick up time, drive time and other minor details that take up time.

Sooooo......I still get very nervous. :-)

Reply by Charm_AL on 8/2/05 3:51pm
Msg #56470

If you can't always review the docs beforehand, as sometimes I can't...I just set up at the borrower's table and go thru one at a time, then review afterward as they are signing your journal.
You should always make it a point to take you time and read (very closely) your signing instructions before you leave for the apt. They tell you what color ink, who signs what, if there's money to collect, an address and account number for return shipping and depending on the company a place for your signature. I've found myself calling borrowers and telling them that I've just finished receiving their docs and been late many times. Everyone I've explained this to has never had a problem making it a little later.

Reply by Jenny on 8/2/05 4:13pm
Msg #56474

Re: 1st signing - Charm AL

Good advice, thank you.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.