Notary Rotary
Another unsigned check
Notary Discussion History

Another unsigned check
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Desiree Roman Innovations, Inc. on 8/27/05 7:36pm
Msg #62255

Another unsigned check

This is the third time within two months I've received an unsigned check. This must be the new stall tactic for companies wanting to buy time in paying past dues. I can't recall any other place I've ever worked in the past 25 years where I received a check that was unsigned. How would these companies like it if that was being done to them by the lenders? They get to receive their money wired direct to their bank accounts, and we wait for unsigned checks. There has GOT to be a better way! Just wanting to vent a little...

Reply by mimurray on 8/27/05 7:56pm
Msg #62259

I'm not a lawyer but if I was you I would talk to one. One time, I can see that as an oversight or mistake. But three times?? That constitutes a pattern of fraud especially if you have an agreement with the company in writing about payment terms. This company is deliberatley giving you worthless checks. Suppose you didn't notice it wasn't signed and you went to your bank after hours and deposited that check at the ATM. Then you wrote checks thinking you had money in the bank. Of course the checks you write will bounce but they bounced because they gave you a fraudulent check. The key here is the history. Once they can claim stupidity or forgetfullness but THREE times, that company needs to have their wings clipped. IMO

Mike

Reply by JRNotary on 8/28/05 12:25am
Msg #62284

Who's the co? I think it's important to share this information on this board because I'm finding more and more SSs being "shady". I may even consider having them wire the money to my account.

Reply by Calnotary on 8/28/05 9:25pm
Msg #62359

Whats their fee when you missed a signature in a loan document? You should have charge the same amount they charge you when you missed that signature.

Reply by Barry Silver on 8/28/05 9:48pm
Msg #62361

There is a better way. Work for those companies that pay twice per month and do not have a bad reputation for low/slow/no pay.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.