Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Any1 know American Notary Network, Network Notary?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 8/27/05 1:52pm
Msg #62220

They've used both names when leaving messages for me. I don't see them on our list nor have a found anything on when I searched threads. They seem little weird. They left me a message saying they have many signings and need me to do some over the weekend. I asked for the amount and he avoided the question. Any feedback?

Reply by BLE on 8/27/05 3:52pm
Msg #62228

If they're avoiding the question of fees, sounds like you'd do well to avoid taking a signing from them.

Reply by Anonymous on 8/28/05 8:19pm
Msg #62352

Never heard of either one, but I wanted to comment on this asking them what they pay thing.

You are in business for yourself. You need to know what you charge, based on what it will cost you to do what they are asking you to do (if edocs, what does toner and paper and your time cost? if driving to a signing, what does gas and wear and tear and your time cost?) and based on what you want to make after covering your expenses.

The NNA recommends Certified NSAs charge a minimum of $65 without edocs; and non-Certified ones charge a minimum of $50 without edocs. They also have some recommended minimums on the edocs and the 2nd loans and cancelations during the last 2 hours before a signing appointment and so forth. These are recommended MINIMUMS and with gas prices going through the roof, you may not want to go that low.

On the other hand, if you are new to the business (fewer than 100 signings), you may be dealing mostly with signing agencies to get the experience that title companies look for before they will give you a shot. If so, you may have to stick with these low figures to get that experience -- but NEVER ask them what they pay, tell them what you charge and then, if you have to negotiate, at least you are starting from a professional standing of having a standard rate.

-- Tim Gatewood, CNSA
NotaryMemphis.com

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.