Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Any rules concerning dating a borrower after the fact?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Nancy in Florida on 8/10/05 12:50pm
Msg #58067

I met a borrower who is divorced and I am single, I kinda felt a connection with him but I was just wondering if there are any rules about that? Nothing came of it yet but since the closing is over and done with I was wondering if there is anything wrong with dating a borrower after the fact? I do not want to do anything inproper or unethical.

Reply by Charm_AL on 8/10/05 12:54pm
Msg #58071

I highly doubt it...go for it! Smiley

Reply by Anon on 8/10/05 12:57pm
Msg #58072

Look at FL Stat...

Chapter 47, Section 102 (i): remedial spelling section for "iMproper"

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/10/05 2:42pm
Msg #58111

Re: Look at FL Stat...

Huh????

Reply by Nancy in Florida on 8/10/05 3:48pm
Msg #58131

Sylvia, I was lost on that one too but I went back and read my first post and I spelled improper as inproper, it was a typo, I hit the n instead of the m on the keyboard.

So Annon is being a coward a good trait, are you so perfect that you never made a typo mistake? Give me a break....

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/10/05 4:01pm
Msg #58135

I still fail to see what that has to do with Florida Statutes.

There is nothing to stop you dating a borrower after the fact.
I am friends with several borrowers that I didn't know before the signing.

Reply by Nancy in Florida on 8/10/05 4:18pm
Msg #58141

It has nothing to do with the topic at all Anno is referring me to the Florida Statute Chapter 47, Section 102 (i): remedial spelling section because I made a typo when I spelled improper on my first post. He/she was not responding to the topic at all just pointing out that I misspelled a word. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 8/10/05 9:36pm
Msg #58199

He's just trying to be funny. AAMOF, that statute doesn't even exist. Granted, there's a Chapter 47, "Venue", but there's no section 102.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 8/10/05 9:40pm
Msg #58201

I took it as a joke - just thought it was a little humor about statutes and dating. Hope that doesn't start getting regulated too.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 8/10/05 9:58pm
Msg #58208

It is our old friend "Deth Nell" trying to be humorous. I too took it as a joke, but some certainly got confused.

Reply by Sara-NV on 8/10/05 12:59pm
Msg #58075

I didn't feel there was anything wrong with it when I was in that situation. Met a nice, single man and I felt we had some rapport. I called him a couple of days after to have coffee. Altho he agreed at the time to meet me, he ended up breaking the date (darn!) In this instance, doing what we do is not different than assisting a customer as a bank teller, a receptionist, a cashier, etc. Go for it, and GOOD LUCK!

Reply by Nancy in Florida on 8/10/05 4:03pm
Msg #58136

Hey Sara, You actually called and asked if he wanted to have coffee? I should do that since the first closing we did we were to meet at a coffee shop where I had another signing. Well it turned out to be a drive through only coffee shop so we sat in the car and signing the docs. Maybe I will go for it.

Thanks....

Reply by Sara-NV on 8/10/05 4:13pm
Msg #58139

Yes!

I called a couple of days later.
What a fun story you have! I would definitely attempt to turn that around. Who knows, it could lead to something wonderful. I take every opportunity I can - better than trying to meet decent men in bars!

Reply by MelissaM/FL on 8/10/05 10:32pm
Msg #58215

I've never seen any. Matter of fact, my mechanic and my computer guy are both former borrowers.

I've also had borrowers call me later and ask if I can help them with other docs they need notarized.

As long as you aren't asking him out at the closing table and didn't proposition him for money, I'd say go for it! Good luck, too!

Reply by Nancy in Florida on 8/11/05 8:26am
Msg #58251

Okay, If it was a joke then it is funny, I just took it wrong, I guess I am too senstive with my spelling, I type too fast sometimes and can make typos, luckily I do much better as an SA than a speller or typist!

Reply by MelissaM/FL on 8/11/05 1:43pm
Msg #58342

You took my post wrong? I'm sorry. It WAS meant as a joke and a "you go girl" type of thing. No nasty intended at all! Sorry if it was offensive. Smiley

Reply by Nancy in Florida on 8/11/05 9:11pm
Msg #58449

No not yours Melissa, Anon who was making fun of my spelling, see the post above from Anon.

Reply by MelissaM/FL on 8/12/05 7:05am
Msg #58492

I ignore the anonymous folks usually. I figure that they either don't know how to add their name to their messages or they are trying to be mean, so I don't read them.

Hope you have a great time on your date! You did make one, right? Smiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.