Notary Rotary
Bad end of the week..
Notary Discussion History

Bad end of the week..
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Paul2_Fl on 8/6/05 8:57pm
Msg #57427

Bad end of the week..

I had a signing last night that was a repeat from a month ago because the Lender (not the borrower) wanted to re-do it. This was a monster loan in that it had 150 pages - not counting the borrowers copy - and the last time we did the signing it took 2+ hours. This started out as a nightmare and ended the same way. After printing all 300 pages the T/C informed me that there was a change in the conditions so I had to download and print all 300 pages again. On my way to the borrowers, I got a call that the HUD had changed again. (It had already changed during all this printing and had to be printed separately). Since I was almost to the borrowers house the T/C decided that I should continue with the signing and she would me and "give me the authority" to mark up the HUD accordingly when we got to that point in the signing.
Started the signing with the HUD and called the T/C for the change. She apparently had a different HUD again because nothing matched what I had! She had sent a copy to my email address so we tried to get it through the borrowers computer but couldn't access it. I then asked if she could fax it which she did. Well... the numbers on this HUD set the borrowers off! They refused to sign.
What bothers me (aside for the obvious frustration) is the fact that the Lender, T/C and the borrowers had a month to get it right if they had just communicated correctly with each other.

The last one I had today I thought was going to be a breeze because it was a WAMU ELOC. I figured in and out within 1/2 hour. Well, it was all of 10 minutes or less because the borrowers refused to sign. They claimed the Lender promised them there would be no charges and there was. End of story!

I don't believe there is any lesson in all of this so thanks for just letting me vent...

Reply by CinSignsNY on 8/6/05 11:52pm
Msg #57441

I sincerely hope your next signing is a breeze!!! After all of that, maybe you just need a stiff drink, LOL!!! Good Luck and Happy Signings!!!

Cindy

Reply by Paul2_FL on 8/7/05 7:59am
Msg #57446

Thanks Cindy. I did have a stiff drink after the first signing or should I say non-signing! Let's hope next week is much better.

Reply by Little Orphan Annie on 8/8/05 11:29am
Msg #57577

Trust me. "The sun will come out tomorrow.)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.