Notary Rotary
California Notaries+Non Notary Related!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by BeccaWI on 8/2/05 12:09pm
Msg #56399

I will be in Manhatten Beach from Sunday to the following Monday and we are thinking of doing some fishing!(Love to fish!)

We are thinking of going to Big Bear for a day, any suggestions? Any good fishing to be done there? And we are thinking of just fishing off the shore of the ocean.

Any suggestions or good fishing spots?

Thanks for any input!

Becca

Reply by patti - ca on 8/2/05 12:24pm
Msg #56402

We are about 250 miles north, but hubby is a fishing nut...there is a website that he uses to get all info on what is happen and wherein CA. You don't need a license if you fish off of man-made piers/break walls (??). The website is http://www.pierfishing.com/. Hope this helps

Reply by WF-CA on 8/2/05 12:34pm
Msg #56406

Becca: If you fish off the pier, you probably won't want to keep the fish for eating...but you will really like area Manhattan Beach, it's lovely. Big Bear Lake has more water in it than it has in years. Sorry, can't give suggestions about the quality of the fishing. BB is crowded--best to go up early in the day. The weather will be gorgeous--lots of blue sky & CA mountains. Have fun!

Reply by jb_CA on 8/2/05 12:45pm
Msg #56409

Big Bear is great this time of year and the fishing is good. We have caught plenty of trout in the past. Try this web-site for lots of good info. www.bigbear.com. We have stayed in cabins mostly but have stayed at the Fireside Lodge before and it's nice. Close to the lake and not too expensive. If you love flavored coffee there is a great place on Village drive called Big Bear Coffee Company...they even have a web-site if you want to look them up. www.bigbearcoffeecompany.com. I am a coffee freak so love to share that info. Often during the summer they have craft shows that are fun to check out as well. Hope that helps and have a great time!!!

Reply by BeccaWI on 8/2/05 12:46pm
Msg #56411

Re: Jb_CA

Thanks for the heads up on coffee! I am a coffee lover as well!! I will check out both websites!

Reply by jb_CA on 8/2/05 12:49pm
Msg #56414

Re: Jb_CA

Sounds like you could be sharing things about Big Bear with us! Enjoy the coffee. You can fax them as well with your order and they send it within a couple of days. I love sending different flavored coffees to my best clients and they always enjoy it.

Reply by BeccaWI on 8/2/05 12:46pm
Msg #56410

Thank you both! Sadly I have been going there every summer since I was 3yrs old and staying there until I graduated from high school. Now I just visit when I can as I have a lot of family there. I have never ever fished there before! I don't know why but this time, I will!

We fish for the fun of it and wouldn't keep any fish. I live in Green Bay that has some major poluted water so I guess you get used to not keeping any!

Thanks again!!

Reply by Anon-CA on 8/2/05 2:29pm
Msg #56449

If you'd like to do some deep sea / Sports fishing, you can check out Davie Jones Locker out of New Port Beach or 22nd St Landing in San Pedro. You can call info 411 for more info or do a google search. Both of these companies have 1/2 day, 3/4 day and full day boat trips.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.