Notary Rotary
Certificate Question
Notary Discussion History

Certificate Question
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Lisa/WI on 8/11/05 2:00pm
Msg #58346

Certificate Question

I realize this question has been answered before, but I cannot find it. Underneath a notaries signature there is some verbiage as such:
1.State/Commonwealth of .......... ( I know what this is)
2.County of ..................... (This is my county I reside in correct or no)

So if those two are correct then am I correct in:
3.Acting in the County/Parish of................(This would be the place of the notarization or is the county I reside in also?)

The reason Im asking is because 2 and 3 are on one certificate, and if the answer is the county I reside in for both, it doesnt make any sense. But if thats the answer, so be it.
TIA

Reply by corona71 on 8/11/05 2:15pm
Msg #58351

Re: Certificate Question

Reply by corona71 on 8/11/05 2:16pm
Msg #58353

Sorry about that, deleted message. It is the county where borrower resides. Never put your county of residence, always where the signing is taking place.

Reply by Brian/CA on 8/11/05 2:30pm
Msg #58361

It is always the county you are standing/sitting in when you are signing that certificate.

Reply by Lisa/WI on 8/11/05 3:48pm
Msg #58376

Just to be absolutely sure, even under my signature, not in the venue part above the certificate wording, the county of the notarizing goes here also?? I could of swore(no pun intenededSmiley) that I read on this forum underneath a notary's signature, the county was that of the notary's residence. I wish I would of saved that message. Attention all new notaries, copy everything of revelence on this board, so you have it for future reference.

Reply by Deb in KS on 8/11/05 3:55pm
Msg #58378

It is confusing. In some states, you are commissioned by or for your county of residence. For example, I think I read that Missouri does this (someone in Missouri, please clarify this). Here in Kansas, it's not that way. So, since I must put the state and county above, where the venue of the signing goes, why would I put the same thing under my signature? Why would they ask for the same thing again? I wondered if they wanted my county of residence, but I've never been sure.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.