Notary Rotary
Confirmations
Notary Discussion History

Confirmations
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Bonnie/FL on 8/12/05 10:51am
Msg #58542

Confirmations

Has anyone had a problem getting confirmations from the SS or title company for a signing. I always ask for one to be faxed or emailed after I accept a job so I can see the agreed upon fee, client name, address, phone number, etc. so I can comfirm appt. or problems w/directions, etc. I had a title company tell me they never heard of sending over a confirmation. I said I would not do the signing without it and explained I have had to fight for some of my fees if I didn't have confirmation from the previous companies to prove what the agreed upon fee was. So, she finally sent over a very unprofessional statment "I agree to pay $75 for the signing" but the reference line had the clients name. I called her back and verbally got name, address, phone number, etc. and confirmed everything with borrower. The title company told me I would be paid when the file was disbursed. Ironically, I never got a check on the scheduled date so I called, the person who hired me was not there. No one else could help. So, I resent my Invoice detailing the correct items and continued to call each day. Finally I was told they forgot to put me on the HUD so when the checks were cut, they did not know they had to cut one from me. With each Invoice I attached the one statement confirmation from the title person that hired me. Good thing. I was finally paid, but had to fight for that one. Is it usual for title companies to react so strange when asked for a confirmation for the signing. I have done hundreds of these, but never had that problem before but she was shocked that I even asked for one. THanks.

Reply by Charm_AL on 8/12/05 11:06am
Msg #58551

Get confirmations for everything. They are proof that the company contracted you the the job. Yes TC's also send confirmations.

Reply by Bonnie/FL on 8/12/05 11:09am
Msg #58553

Yes, I agree, I won't do a job without a confirmation. Just wondered if anyone had to actually "beg" for one. Never had this happene before and more than likely it won't again. It was just a bit weird but lucky I stood my ground since I needed it to get paid.

Reply by Art_MD on 8/12/05 11:18am
Msg #58557

Somewhat depends on the company. If you know them, then play by ear. Also, I have done signings without confirmation. After the signing, I e-mailed them " Please be advised that I have signed loan document for John Q Public of (address). Please send a confirmation of the closing including statement of closing fee of $zzz. This confirmation should include the disposition of the document including charge number for the overnite courier. Documents cannot be sent until ALL the above is received." I received a confirmation very shortly thereafter.

Art

Reply by Robert E (Bob) Rogers on 8/12/05 2:42pm
Msg #58654

I have never had to "beg for one", but I have had to furnish a form for them to complete and send back to me before I would agree to accept the assignment. Just make up your own form with blanks for all the contact information, fees, etc. and if they say that they don't usually do it, just tell them that you will fax or email them the format for them to complete and send back to you.

Reply by Linda/NOCA on 8/12/05 11:35am
Msg #58565

I had one yesterday. Title called me and when I ask for a confirmation she did not know what I was talking about. I explained that with the confirmation there would not be any question on what I was to get paid. She then sent me the confirmation with the borrowers name and phone number, her name, address, and phone number. Notary Fee stated below. No address of borrow. She when I called borrower had to get address from her. Now waiting for docs. So I would guess that this is something new to them using a mobile notary.

Reply by mes/IL on 8/12/05 12:12pm
Msg #58577

I also was called from a title company this week that did not know what I meant by a confirmation.I explained what I wanted and they did send one, but with no notary fee.Called back and asked them to send another with notary fee included.To me, this is my protection that my fee has been agreed upon, otherwise, who knows what would happen when the checks get cut.

Reply by Peg on 8/12/05 1:21pm
Msg #58606

no confirmation no print of docs, no calls made, no work done at all. must have confirmation. that is your only link that they hired you and what your agreed fee's will be. GET THAT CONFIRMATION!!!! (its all about CYA!)

Reply by MelissaM/FL on 8/12/05 8:44pm
Msg #58739

I agree with Peg. I do nothing on a signing without a confirmation. Period. Once I receive the confirmation, then I make the first call to the borrower, get directions, etc. I don't print a single document unless the fee is right and the confirmation is clear. No exceptions.

A hint for anyone who keeps track of mileage and notarizations: I keep my mapquest to the borrower's home and count the stamps in the package before I send it out. Then all the info is in one place for the purpose of typing the invoice.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.