Notary Rotary
Confused
Notary Discussion History

Confused
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by LS_Ca on 8/21/05 9:27pm
Msg #60659

Confused

On Thursday I completed a signing where one person had a Florida issued DL with a California address. Since I didnt understand this, I used her passport as identification. Can someone explain?

Reply by Brian/CA on 8/21/05 9:33pm
Msg #60661

Some States allow you to put an address from another states, Florida must be one of these, this was mention recently on the one of the boards.

Reply by LS_Ca on 8/21/05 9:44pm
Msg #60664

thank you so for the next time i should record in my journal that it is a florida drivers license and the address just like normal?

Reply by Brian/CA on 8/21/05 9:51pm
Msg #60667

You should record in your journal if a license always what state issued it. For California I always put Calif, just so it is not mistaken for Canada. Inaddition you need to put the issuing authority, DMV for Calif. So each of my entries are CALIF DMV if I get a California driver's license.

Reply by Shannon/Va on 8/21/05 10:23pm
Msg #60671

We have it happen here alot with all the military around.

Reply by martha Gall CA on 8/22/05 12:28am
Msg #60688

Hubby and I retired many years ago and traveled full time in a RV. We renewed vehicle licenses and drivers licenses when they expired in whatever state we were in at the time. We did have property in 6 different states during that time frame. Looked strange if it was all put on the table at the same time but all legal.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.