Notary Rotary
Corporation Assignment Deed Of trust
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by lin on 8/5/05 11:27pm
Msg #57290

I just came back from a signing and on the packet there was a form called Corporation Assignment deed of trust, what is it and should I notarize it

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 8/5/05 11:36pm
Msg #57291

It's not for you. Don't do anything with it.

Reply by lin on 8/5/05 11:41pm
Msg #57292

Can you tell me what it is so I can understand why I dont notarize the bottom becase it has an acknowledgment section in the bottom for a notary to fill out

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 8/5/05 11:56pm
Msg #57293

This form is for the Lender should they decide to sell or transfer the loan - it's not for you to notarize.

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 8/5/05 11:59pm
Msg #57294

Was there a place for the borrowers to sign?

The answer is NO... so that is why you would not notarize it.

I honestly don't remember EXACTLY what it is... I think it has something to do with transfer of the deed from one lender to another when a loan is sold or re-fi'd.

I'll look it up or maybe somebody has the answer on the tip of their fingers.

Reply by lin on 8/6/05 12:10am
Msg #57296

Thank you very much everyone who answered my question, you are the best

Reply by TitleGalCA on 8/6/05 12:28am
Msg #57303

The name kind of says it all...its a document where one beneficiary of a deed of trust (the lender) 'assigns' the obligation of the deed of trust to another beneficiary, or lender. Another way to look at is "selling the loan" as Barbara said.

No SA would have anything to do with the document as the first lender would sign it, and have it notarized...and that's not the person who's in front of the SA.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.