Notary Rotary
DOT - addressed to CA notaries
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by CaSigner on 8/6/05 2:35pm
Msg #57379

I have a DOT in which the last page says "Attach Individual Notary Acknowledgement". I am assuming I am to attach a "CA All-Purpose Ack" here and not"CA Jurat". I can't get a hold of the lenders. Most DOT's have the "Subscribed and Sworn" info preprinted on the last page in which I attach a jurat if the wording is incorrect. So...attach a jurat or Ack?

Reply by John_NorCal on 8/6/05 2:42pm
Msg #57383

Your answer lies in your question> "Attach Individual Notary Acknowledgement"

Reply by CaSigner on 8/6/05 2:48pm
Msg #57385

That's what I thought, thanks

Reply by PAW_Fl on 8/6/05 3:28pm
Msg #57393

Re: That's what I thought, thanks

As John said, the answer was is the question.

In that same post, you said, "Most DOT's have the "Subscribed and Sworn" info preprinted on the last page ..." Are you sure? In all the years I've been looking at mortgages and DOT's, there are only a couple of times that I have seen a jurat on them, and that was by mistake. A borrower/owner really can't swear the contents of a mortgage because it a statement of facts, but conditions that must be executed. Thus the signer's sign acknowledging the execution of the document and the notary likewise attaches an acknowledgment of execution.

Reply by Allison B/SCal on 8/7/05 8:37am
Msg #57452

It's a World deal and DOTs in CA get an ACK

The signature page told you what to do: Atch a Lose Acknowledgement
PS Deed in CA NEVER have a jurat

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.