Notary Rotary
Deaf Borrowers
Notary Discussion History

Deaf Borrowers
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by DellaCa on 8/8/05 11:36pm
Msg #57773

Deaf Borrowers

I was contracted by Notary Pro I have worked with them but its been awhile, to do a signing in the next couple of days I accepted,when I got the confirmation it said they were deaf . I emailed the borrowers and they read lips so I think we can get it done but it is going to take more time. My question is would you ask for more seeing it will take longer and they neglected to tell me this on the phone when they called?
Thanks

Reply by Brain/CA on 8/8/05 11:43pm
Msg #57774

I did a signing for a deaf couple. No I would not ask for more for the signing than I had previously accepted. It really didn't take any longer than any other loan signings that I have done. They may have been thru this before as had my couple. You may want to write out the oath that you give, when doing a Jurat, just to make sure that they understand totally what you are saying. I did this an they really appreciated it. My couple was able to speak english very well, so I had no problem understanding their questions and pointing out the docuement that answers their questions. Good Luck.

Reply by DellaCA on 8/8/05 11:46pm
Msg #57775

Thanks Brain! It will be a new experience for me Smiley

Reply by ChristiSocal on 8/9/05 3:44am
Msg #57789

There's been a couple posts about signing deaf borrowers. I believe each time it ended up being pretty easy. I don't think you need to worry about it or charge extra, but it would be nice if the ss had let you know, just so you could be prepared. It will be easier for you if the borrowers do lip read but from what I understand most deaf don't, so it wouldn't hurt to have the oath written out. I bet it will be a good experience Smiley

Reply by Lee/AR on 8/9/05 9:51am
Msg #57822

Takes about the normal time. What you lose in (minimal) translation, you make up by the lack of chit-chat!

Reply by Kiso on 8/9/05 9:55am
Msg #57824

VERY true, Lee!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.