Double checking.... need help :-)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Jenny/Ca on 8/17/05 5:27pm
Msg #59732

1) Deed and Note say John Doe.

Grant Deed says John J. Foe, unmarried man to change to John Foe, unmarried man.

Directions say not to change docs. Am I wrong if I have the borrower "slash" (/) the F and Have him write the D in and intial. I am thinking no changes mean $$$ amt.

2)on this loan the Preliminary report (6pp), Table funds request form, and Closing instructions do not have initial lines or signature lines...should I have B initial anyway?

Thank you much!

Reply by Nd_WA on 8/17/05 6:00pm
Msg #59740

**Directions say not to change docs.** This means that no changes or what so ever are to be made to the documents unless authorized by the lender. It is most likely that the GD would have to be redrawn b/c 99% of lenders do not allow hand changes on Deed/Morgage.

2. The closing instructions and other stuffs are just part of the package from the lender to the TC. Some do ask for borrower's initial/signature, some don't.

Reply by MelissaM/FL on 8/17/05 6:10pm
Msg #59742

If you're changing the names in the Grant Deed, I would call the title company or lender first. Sometimes the Grant Deed must be redrawn rather than have handwritten changes. It depends on the TC's rules.

As for the B placing his/her initials on docs, I have the B initial EVERY page that does not require a signature. It's the simplest way to make sure you didn't miss something.

Reply by Jenny/Ca on 8/17/05 6:28pm
Msg #59749

Thank you both, that helped.

Reply by Jenny/CA on 8/17/05 8:32pm
Msg #59775

Re: Just came back....

SS said to include a post -it- note for TC regarding the typo.

Reply by Glenn_CA on 8/17/05 9:57pm
Msg #59795

I had one like that and they just emailed me another deed as I spotted it before I left. I try to check the docs before I leave, but sometings when it is busy, things get by ....

Reply by Jenny/CA on 8/17/05 10:57pm
Msg #59812

Today was one of those days when I prayed no one would email or fax me since I had to do some trouble shooting with my all-in-one (HP).

Reply by Brian/CA on 8/18/05 12:27am
Msg #59825

You might just have him initial, and let Title make the correction, leave a post-it on it. If it needs a redrawn, you haven't hurt anything.

Reply by Jenny/CA on 8/18/05 12:37am
Msg #59827

If it needs to be redrawn wouldn't that mean I would have to return to the borrower in order for him to sign the new Grant Deed ? I don't mind if it needs to happen, but, borrower really wants his $$ asap. I did have him sign correctly and I wrote a note to the TC pointing out the error. Let's see what happens....

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.