Notary Rotary
Duel Notary
Notary Discussion History

Duel Notary
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by hcampers/fl on 8/18/05 3:17pm
Msg #59953

Duel Notary

I'm sure there are people that hold a duel commision. How did you go about getting it? I'm in Florida and want to get information on becoming a notary in Alabama also. Can you even do this?
Beverly

Reply by Mindy_WA on 8/18/05 3:30pm
Msg #59962

Yes, you can...we hold commission in WA & ID. You just apply as you did for FL...but in AL. You will find differences in the procedures & laws. You have to know, and remember them for each state. Good luck!

Reply by JMK_NY on 8/18/05 3:48pm
Msg #59969

In order to have a dual Comm. in another state don't you have to have a office there if you don't plan on living there

Thanks

Reply by Lee/AR on 8/18/05 4:49pm
Msg #60004

Re: Dual Notary

This is a state-specific issue. No one size fits all. Call the SOS where you want to be commissioned and find out what their rules are.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/18/05 4:54pm
Msg #60011

Beverly

In Alabama you have to apply for a commission to the probate judge in the county you want to get a commission in.
http://www.sos.state.al.us/notary/index.htm

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/18/05 5:06pm
Msg #60021

Reading more into this, it appears that you must be a resident of the county where you are applying for your commission.
And reading more:

A person who resides in another state, but who works in Alabama, cannot be appointed and commission in this state.

So, I guess that answers the question.
No, you cannot get a commission in Alabama unless you are a resident of Alabama.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.