Notary Rotary
ELITE RICHARD BARRY RIP OFF REPORT
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous 2 on 8/10/05 6:17pm
Msg #58169

This is the newest report on ripoffreport.com We need to keep the word going as much as possible on this CROOK!! The only thing in this report that should be taken out tho, is the "staff" Richard Barry is the owner and the only person that could pay and receive checks. The poor staff could do nothing, but take messages. That is why he no longer has a staff and is trying to run business from his house.
Category:
Financial Services Submitted: 8/2/2005 2:25:37 PM
Modified: 8/2/2005 2:26:00 PM

Elite Signing Services - ESS Fraudlent Contracting, Lack of Payment, Ripoff Cary Illinois

Company
Elite Signing Services - ESS
Address:
P. O. Box 798
Cary Illinois 60013
U.S.A.
Phone Number:
800-619-9693
Fax:

Elite Signing Services, Inc. (aka ESS, Inc.) initiated contact with me on three occasions during March, 2005 offering verbal contracts for performance of notary signing services. All three contracts were accepted and completed in accord with ESS directions and billings were made to ESS as directed.

Elite has been paid by the lenders and title companies that engaged them for signing services, yet its owners and staff continue to fail in fulfilling Elite's contractural obligation to pay the contractor who carried out the signings. Further, Elite's owners and staff have refused to respond to telephone, email, and U.S. Mail inquiries, including rejection of Certified/Return Receipt mail.

Elite is being operated by its owners andf staff in a manner that appears to be fradulent and in violation of Illinois law, Virginia law, and U.S. law regarding interstate commerce and the use of telephone and facsimilie transmission equipment for and in the commission of fraud.

Richard
Burke, Virginia
U.S.A.

Reply by Monica - FL on 8/10/05 6:59pm
Msg #58178

I'm not an attorney and don't profess to be one however, I have worked in the legal field a long time and I know that if you file suit in a small claims court that the certified letter that was returned to you, if it unopened by you or anyone else, can be a GREAT thing to have when presenting your case. Just thought I would mention that to you, but you probably already know that. I hope you have reported them to the local and state officials where you live.

Reply by Brijoe_WA on 8/11/05 12:52am
Msg #58237

Finally got paid from him for the March signings I did. It took a very firm (but nice) call outlining the several dates I had tried contacting him, each time leaving a message that went unreturned...ALSO, I had contacted a local collection agency and let him know that I would be turning him over to collections if I did not hear from him TODAY! Long story short...he called within 5 minutes and a check was cut within a day and sent, received, cashed....end of story.

Sounds like I got lucky on that one!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.