Notary Rotary
Electricity is Back !!!
Notary Discussion History

Electricity is Back !!!
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Lydia_Fl on 8/27/05 11:09am
Msg #62209

Electricity is Back !!!

Because of Katrina !! Two nights without electricity !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The darkness and the heat - It was not funny !

Reply by Jenny_CA on 8/27/05 11:58am
Msg #62211

I am happy for you, hope all is well with you and yours.

Reply by Lydia_Fl on 8/27/05 12:53pm
Msg #62217

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply by Bonnie_FL on 8/27/05 1:25pm
Msg #62218

Glad your electricity is back. WHere are you in Florida? I'm in central Florida (10 minutes from Disney) and we got it bad 4 times last year! with all the hurricanes that went through central Florida. Lots of days and nights without electricity, no AC, cable, phones, gas for cars, went on for days and days. Rough time. But we're getting the rain and winds now but I can live with that except I got soaked coming out of a borrowers home after a signing this morning. Glad you're safe now!

Reply by Lydia_Fl on 8/27/05 1:59pm
Msg #62221

I am in Miami, in the Kendall area . It got very , very near us and it was very scary . Family is OK - Glad to be able to sit at mycomputer again !

Reply by Paul2_FL on 8/27/05 4:16pm
Msg #62235

Glad to hear everything is OK for you and your family. Unfortunately, There are a lot of folks still suffering the aftermath of the storm and a lot more up in the panhandle, Miss, and LA bracing for it. Let's pray that the storm peeters out before it gets to them.

Reply by mimurray on 8/27/05 4:31pm
Msg #62239

I'm in West Palm Beach, we did okay with Katrina. Never lost our power. Last year a different story. We had 3 hurricanes in one month. Lost power from the first one for 17 days. It came back on and 2 days later the next one hit. Only lost power for 3 days on that one. Took a full year to get through the insurance nightmares.

I heard an intersting comment from one of the weather guys. He said people were calling Katrina a minimal hurricane. His comment was there is no such thing as a minimal hurricane and he is totally right. 100 mph winds are SCARY. They can do LOTS of damage. I love living in Florida but could do without the hurricanes. People think it's funny and like to party thru them, well let me tell you something, it is nothing to party about. For those of you that have never been in one trust me, you don't ever want to go thru a hurricane. It is Mother nature at her worst. I'm glad ya'all down here made it okay and I'm praying for those poor people up in the pan handle that look like they are gonna get hit again. This will be the third time this year and they are still messed up from the storms last year.

Mike

Reply by CrystalT_FL on 8/27/05 8:24pm
Msg #62265

Plus one already this year too. I'm on the west coast, just north of Tampa Bay. Last year was a doozy for us too, even though we didnt get hit directly . I live on a river that floods a lot anyway, last summer it was the worst since we've been here, and also no power for days. I felt lucky though compared to so many others, I really couldnt squawk.

I bought a generator earlier this year, at least we can run a fan, some light and the fridge. Assuimng I can afford the gas to run it ;-)) I grew up in FL, the weather guy is right. You really cant say that going thru a cat1 is more "fun" than a cat5

Reply by Lydia_Fl on 8/28/05 3:48pm
Msg #62332

and now for the people in New Orleans and Louisiana

It looks bad - Hurricane Andrew got to Miami at 150 mph and it was baddddddddd
Katrina is at 175 mph - Oh my God - !

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.