FESSS UP NOTARIES....
Notary Discussion History

FESSS UP NOTARIES....
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Peg on 8/17/05 3:59pm
Msg #59698

FESSS UP NOTARIES....

TELL ALL... WHY ARE YOU HERE?

I am here for three reasons, to find new business for my business, to watch the competition carefully, and to see others opinions as how they handle particular situations.

I am not here for newbies and have no interest in helping out the competition! thats honestly my thoughts. No one helped me get where I am and I found this board by accident in my searching for new business. However, most newbies that I see here NEED the help cuase they are hurting our industry overall if we dont help them. IE setting the limit of accptance of fees as low as 50 or less. geesh whats with that?

That being said, lets make something clear, I am mostly here for my SUCCESS. As are most of you (I suspect anyway!) Just tell it like it is.... I AM Smiley

Peg

(oh never said i was a grammer teacher so go ahead and smack me where you can!)

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 8/17/05 4:09pm
Msg #59703

Instant Karma

John Lennon, 1971

What goes around, comes around. Others help me and I help others. My purpose here is to find new business, watch my competition and see how others handle particular situations. I agree 100%.

I'm also here to share with others so that others will share with me.

Reply by Charm_AL on 8/17/05 4:18pm
Msg #59706

Re: Instant Karma

yep...I am some sort of freak in that I do not worry about competition, I excel at what I do and am confident that excellence in p.r. and customer service will keep me my clients.
I got a call today from a Title Company that I've done 4 closings for so far. He told me that my work was perfect and asked me to do him a favor and run over to the court house and get a deed recorded. I accepted and only charged him $25. for the trip fee. It's you and your professional work ethics that will keep them calling you first. I believe in networking and sharing experiences and learning from this site. I also like to make people laugh so I'll post my weekly OT joke.
BTW: Yesterday I ordered the mojo...can't wait to get it! Smiley

Reply by Peg on 8/17/05 4:15pm
Msg #59705

my reason for that post....

I just wanted to point out to that fella that when a notary goes out of her way to take advanage of an oppertunity, ITS BUSINESS ... we are not here to hurt anyone ... just simply to grow and prosper. Seems he was taking what happened to him to heart. not good. it was not personal and she had no interest in him at all. just in herself ... selfish? maybe yes... but i honely cant say that i wouldnt have done the same. hence here i am ... at this msg board. and who do many ppl NOT LIST THE NAMES OF THE COMPANIES THEY LIKE THE MOST? becuase they dont want their business stolen away from them.

just wanted some of you out there to fess up and tell it streight. thats all.

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 8/17/05 4:21pm
Msg #59709

Hi Peg

I replied to that particular posting as well. I think you're right in that the notary who posted took it to heart. I also agree that I don't fault the other notary for introducing herself. I think I would have introduced myself as well. A little differently i.e. waited till the notary left then approached the signing service or simply asked for the signing service's business card explaining in that I am also in the real estate business and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss my business with them another time.

Reply by Peg on 8/17/05 4:26pm
Msg #59711

Re: Hi Peg

Ya, I must admit, the tactics on her part were a tad cold, however, it was an oppertunity! And I have learned that you must grab them when you can! Seek them out EVERYWHERE! When I get my nails done, I talk business TO THE LOCAL FOLKS ... down at the kids soccer field, everwhere I GO ... i talk business... i drop those cards like candy in a school yard! I post them in the Post Office bulletin board. Smiley I HAVE NO SHAME. its business.

I have work ethics and I follow the law to the letter within my work, but I hold my head high in how I get my work. It's not going to knock on my door and say "hey peg, want a work for me today? i got a special just for you!" I HAVE TO FIND IT! its business.

Reply by Charm_AL on 8/17/05 4:23pm
Msg #59710

don't agree...

with you on giving company info to others. Many posters do it. I have personally traded company names with posters here thru e-mail. Of course, no one in my backyard has asked, but if they did I would meet with them, exchange numbers and refer back and forth when one of us wasn't able to take a local signing.

Reply by ahhaaha email on 8/17/05 4:28pm
Msg #59712

email and meet with them

see you said email... you dont post POST POST here... point in hand... you do agree, just backhandedly to look good and save face

Reply by Charm_AL on 8/17/05 4:31pm
Msg #59714

Re: email and meet with them

ok, put down your drink. I have e-mailed with posters here and I do share and gain companies. I don't need to look good and save face...lol

Reply by Peg on 8/17/05 4:35pm
Msg #59715

I said post you said email.. they are apples and oranges. an email is private. you do meet with others and cooto's for that! networking is a great skill!!!

I just am pointing out that most MOST dont POST. POINT IN FACT. not all and NOT YOU.. although you did say... you email and meet.. .NOT POST.

why do so many here get so upset over the little stuff?

(as for the drink, i was saving that for the bon fire to burn my most outdated notary stamp.) good try though

Reply by Charm_AL on 8/17/05 4:43pm
Msg #59716

hey peg...

I'm not upset, I just realized that you haven't read all the messages. Therefore you aren't qualified to make a blanket statement. I have named many companies and also given advice when other people post, looking for opinions on a new SS or TC...as many others have. As well as asked about new SS's that contact me, now if a posted SS or TC gets a favorable response - there's a company for your list! I've picked up 25+ good companies from others here, so instead of spouting off, maybe you should start reading from the beginning.

Reply by ok i am done on 8/17/05 4:45pm
Msg #59718

Re: hey peg...

you are going be right even when your wrong. so I know the best way to deal with rights... leave them alone.

thanks for you input ... maybe tomorrow will be another day.

take care and have a GREAT EVENING.

Reply by dc_oh on 8/18/05 7:27am
Msg #59843

CHARM IS ALWAYS HELPFUL

I wanted some help with my notary resume, and she gladly jumped in to help me. She sent me a copy of her resume that listed several companies she works with. We aren't from the same area, however, this shows great confidence on her part to share these names. Charm- if you're reading this..Thanks again. With your help, I have made a resume that I personally took to several title companies. I've already booked two appointments for one of these companies I visited.

Reply by Charm_AL on 8/18/05 7:48am
Msg #59850

Re: CHARM IS ALWAYS HELPFUL

That's awesome D! you go girl! Smiley

Reply by linda/ca on 8/17/05 5:01pm
Msg #59724

Funny thing....it just so happens that yesterday I requested some information from Charm. Not only did she share the information pronto....she also suggested a list of companies to contact. I am not a newbie, therefore not exactly looking for companies to work for from another notary; however, I thought it was extremely generous of her to list some potential clients.

We live in entirely different areas so that could have been the reason for listing some contacts, which in my book makes sense, yet as a gut feeling, I don't believe that was the case; nevertheless, the fact that she shared a list that I had not requested was very much appreciated and said a lot about how confident she is as a professional.

Reply by AnneSoCA on 8/17/05 7:03pm
Msg #59757

I also requested some info from Charm and she was happy to send it to me. I thought it was very nice of her and I would probably do the same if someone asked me.

I agree with Charm, if you're confident in your abilities and professionalism, then you'll always have work and not be afraid of the competition.

Reply by *** Amada Preciado*** on 8/17/05 8:54pm
Msg #59783

Do unto others...

Call it karma, or Do Unto others ect...networking is great and thanks to all you who have given advice freely. There is enough work for everyone.

Reply by MelissaM/FL on 8/17/05 6:16pm
Msg #59745

I'm here for my success and to help others out if I can. I like the fact that one can network here and that one can bring a problem and get answers from others doing the same job as I am. I figure that helping others out is a good way to insure I get help later. Karma is a wench.

Reply by Nd_WA on 8/17/05 6:35pm
Msg #59750

Success to me means:
-Respect what I do.
-Respect the profession/industry I'm in.
-Respect others.

From job to business, there will always be some kind of chaos/termoil due to cpmpetition from the inner selves.

Reply by maryinsocal on 8/17/05 6:56pm
Msg #59752

I learn alot from this board. I just wish I had the experience alot of these people here do. I have gotten alot of help here...I am glad that not everyone feels they need to keep everything a secret. I have tried to offer my help to whomever needs it as well. I am not on here much but find it very useful when I am...
Thanks for the help!

Reply by Susan Lewis on 8/17/05 7:25pm
Msg #59761

I still consider myself a newbie, I learn new things on this board everyday. I went to every class, read every book but to be honest my real knowledge came from this site and others like it. People like Charm, Cali, PAW, Art, Kathy Poston on TSR, Sylvia, always there to lend a hand when needed or a prayer. (I know there are so many more, please do not be offended that I left you out, you know who you all are) They are always there to share not only their knowledge but their stories and some their friendship. Many Thanks!
I believe in paying it forward too! I help whoever I can when I can, even if its close to home. I check this board everyday to learn something new, laugh at the corny jokes, and like you all to increase my business through the constant help and opinions of others. I am about to cross the 100 mark, still a newbie.

Reply by *** Amada Preciado*** on 8/17/05 8:59pm
Msg #59785

Cheers to You Susan...

100 and I am sure 100's more!

Reply by MistarellaFL on 8/18/05 8:38am
Msg #59855

Do unto others

I am here too. Nobody helped me get started either, and I found this board by accident too.
I, too am striving to be more successful. This board is both give and take, as I learn something new everyday and am glad to share it with others.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.