Notary Rotary
Fees
Notary Discussion History

Fees
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Janis Smith on 8/26/05 10:06pm
Msg #62110

Fees

I'm wondering what people are using as a basic, I've been asking 65 for signings and 35 for email docs. Is this the going rate. Tonight I asked 70 for overnights and they SS said perfect!

Reply by Marobe on 8/26/05 10:51pm
Msg #62119

I'm relatively new in the business. I've been active for about a year, but I collected $75 for my first signing with $25 for Edocs and I've never received less. I had only signed with 7 SS and was receiving regular business from basically 2. Since I've discovered NotRot and realized I need to sign up for a lot more, I understand 200 is in order, I look to have a lot more business.

I try to maintain a certain degree of professionalism with the SS that I'm with, I do give deadlines for receipt of Edocs and always call the buyer before printing docs and leaving for an appointment. Tonight I received the last documents just minutes before the appointment time and still had been unable to talk to client, but spoke with Title company and SS who assured me client was aware I was coming. Got to home, wife stated husband was at work, 5 minutes away and he was expecting me there. She took me there and everthing went well. I completed docs in 30 minutes and was back home.

My major concern with the whole process has been the time it has taken me to get paid. I had to send letters to two SS for late payments but found out later that they are notorius no-pays. I did receive payments from both, so I guess I did okay.

Thanks to all of you at NotRot, you have really helped me with information on marketing and setting fees and how to handle SS.

Reply by Mary_in_CA on 8/27/05 12:46am
Msg #62136

How far did you have to go? What's the name of this ss, if you don't mind charing.

Reply by Marobe on 8/27/05 8:30am
Msg #62183

I'm in Orlando, the signing was 15 miles away. The SS was Access Signing, I've worked with them before and have been promptly paid in 2 weeks.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.