Notary Rotary
First Signing- Purchase prop in TX, Closing in Chula Vista
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by LFernandez on 8/17/05 6:01pm
Msg #59741

Not only is this my first signing, but I imagine it will be more difficult since its not CA venue info and possibly other info is different than the norm. Any suggestions on what to look for??

Reply by Melissa on 8/17/05 10:02pm
Msg #59797

I would make sure that the affidavit, acknowledgements are worded correctly

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/17/05 10:53pm
Msg #59810

You probably will not find anything out of the ordinary. You can attach your own Jurats and Acks from CA. They are slightly different.

On the venue, mark out Texas and insert California (initial it)/ county of ____ (where you are).

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/17/05 10:58pm
Msg #59813

Re: First Signing- Purchase -correction...

On the venue, mark out Texas and insert California (initial it)/ county of ____ (where you are).

SHOULD HAVE added that on many of the affidavits in Texas Packages the Venue will be stated at the top of the page rather than on the notary certificate. So, where you see...

STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF THISCOUNTY

before the statement of the affiant, you can change this to be correct as to where the affiant is signing the affidavit.

Reply by Dave_CA on 8/18/05 9:18am
Msg #59859

Acknowledgment-yes, Jurat-no

If the docs are to be recorded in Texas you do not have to use a California acknowledgment you may just insert the correct venue as Brenda points out.
You will have to use California compliant language for the jurats.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.