Notary Rotary
Fraudulent Behavior
Notary Discussion History

Fraudulent Behavior
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 8/27/05 6:55am
Msg #62175

Fraudulent Behavior

Where do I go to report unethical behavior by a well known signing agent that represents many signing companies? The behaviors are many! Forging signatures and dates of borrowers, sending non-notaries to collect the borrowers signatures, pretending they are notaries informing them to use excuses as to why they don't have their notary stamp with them, telling the borrowers they will sign and document their documents when they get back to the office and then this person does it for them, ( they are a "legal notary" ). This one time that I am aware of, they sent an ex-felon to do the closing, the borrowers have no idea! Notaries are told by this person(s) (owners of this company) they may have to sometimes forge the borrowers signatures and/or dates, to pay close attention to your docs! When I kept a log ( notary journal ) for the requirement of the state I work in, this same person ridiculed me for doing it and said it was not necessary, I was told that our confirmations were our logs for the Secretary of State. I ignored this and kept my journal anyway of all my closings as I knew the borrower's signatures were required in my log, as well as room for a fingerprint if necessary. I did my job with ethics and refused to ever forge or document any borrower's signatures or dates. I no longer work for this company!! I would like to hear opinions on what to do with this situation.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/27/05 7:23am
Msg #62177

As long as you have proof to back up your accusations, you can report the notary to his/her secretary of state, notary division.

Reply by Julie Williams on 8/27/05 7:43am
Msg #62180

You initially said you wanted to report an agent, but your last sentence state you won't work for the company.

This was happening with a company base in Minn that had a branch in Michigan. I never worked with them but the name was Signature signing services or something like that. They were sending non notaries to do closings too.

I don't know if they are operating under a different name or not.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.