Notary Rotary
Have to Vent/Signing Services/Kind of Long
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Teasa Mahar on 8/23/05 2:54pm
Msg #61158

Received a call to do a signing from one of the few SS I sign for. Was slow so accepted.
She said we were closing "somewhere" in my area.
Receive confirm, no customer address and no phone #.
Receive 2 more calls next day saying sign is rescheduled for next day and that it will be email not overnight docs.
Get new confirm with revised fee and now a phone # for client. Call customer twice no return call.
Today I get the docs emailed to me from law firm. I look at app and call his work, he is in field, left message to call me. I call law firm to state customer has not returned my calls to confirm time and place and that I will not print docs until he does so. She says keep trying. I download doc link and register, kind of labor intensive.
Customer calls me and states he has issues with fees with his broker and will not be closing until if and when he gets resolved. He is upset so goes on and on.
I call and email (not sure who reads email) law firm to relay message.
Attorney calls me back to GET THE CUSTOMERS PHONE #. He wants to speak to customer re: closing.
Customer does not call attorney back.
Attorney calls me back to state loan will not close today as cust has not returned his call.
I email signing service to advise loan is adjourned.
There is a broker, bank, title co., law firm, signing co and me.
I know all of this comes with the territory, but how much did the signing service do who took most of the fees?

Reply by Nd_WA on 8/23/05 3:35pm
Msg #61171

The only time I would contact Lenders/TC is when there is problem/question with the docs, all other issues are directed to the SS.

Reply by a signing service on 8/23/05 4:49pm
Msg #61193

How do you figure the SS got the most fees...I would say the broker and the bank got the biggest fee, followed by the title company...SS don't get the hefty fees that most notaries think they do...I will admit some do...and thos that do typically pay pretty low...but I would venture to say that is not the majority.

Reply by Teasa/NY on 8/23/05 6:02pm
Msg #61210

I am not saying they get the most fees. Are you a little slow. I know what the brokers, etc. get. I just needed to vent today. I have been put in this situation all too many times. One of the big reasons I don't work for SS. As for never contacting anyone but the SS. I can't tell you how many times I have had trouble with customers, edocs, links etc. and the SS is the one that says, well call and ask them. So please $100 or more to make a few calls and email a confirm, give me a break. But they want us to take $100 to jump over the moon. No more.

Reply by Nd_WA on 8/23/05 6:12pm
Msg #61217

SS who get the hefty fee are ones that can afford my fee. They are the one who know, respect the profession (SA), and have clock work pay schedule. I have an SS who gone out of their way for their client by giving up what they charge for me to save a signing.

Reply by Susan on 8/23/05 6:26pm
Msg #61221

Thats why I don't do anymore work for SS's except one. If I were in Fla then I would work for Sylvia but that is about it. I recently did my second closing for this SS which I will not name, their fee was $275.00 right on the hud. My fee was $75.00 overnight docs. Never again. They do not deserve all that money for making a phone call. And to top it off the first confirmation that was sent to me for this particular assignment had another SA's name on it and a fee of a huge $50.00. So they upped their for me a big $25.00. Soooo What!!!

I probably would make alot more money if I would work for SS's but then again maybe not, with all the running they want you to do for their piddly fees.

Here's my competition, today I went to a closing and the broker asks me if I know so and so signing agent, I say no why, well he left this pouch and it has his notary stamp in it. WoW how irresponsable is that, it's been at this brokers office for a week.... I would be frantic!!!!

So I guess that is what my competition or some of it looks like. End of Rant....

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.