Notary Rotary
Help - wrong color ink!
Notary Discussion History

Help - wrong color ink!
Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by New York - Tina on 8/15/05 3:09pm
Msg #59171

Help - wrong color ink!

I took a signing for a ss today and the title co was 3 hours late sending the edocs...I called the borrower and they had to leave by a certain time...so when the docs finally printed I flew out the door and had the signing completed. I am now back in my office and just noticed that the closing instructions said BLUE ink. I have never, ever had that request with 400+ loans closed in NY, so I didn't even think to look for the color ink. I had the borrowers sign all in black as I usually do. Do you think the black ink won't be accepted?

UGH...I hate when I rush and don't get to read everything just to get the signing done for the ss!!

Reply by Teasa/NY on 8/15/05 3:19pm
Msg #59172

I think the bank wants blue not the recorder and it seems to be certain lenders. I made the error once and nothing came of it. I think some banks just think blue shows up better than black or looks less like a copy. Again, no one cut my hands off. If they call you on it, just explain your rushed situation.

Reply by Charm_AL on 8/15/05 4:33pm
Msg #59192

If I've said this once, I've said it a hundred times!

CALL your SS and tell them what you did....if it is totally unacceptable, you can reprint the docs and do it right the same day and get them back on time without chewing your nails waiting for that 'phone call'! What if it's NOT ok? You potentially screwed the borrowers.

Don't just send back a pkg that you KNOW isn't compliant to your instructions! That is unethical and unprofessional...own up to it!...I read a post earlier where people were discussing "well...I just sent it back and didn't hear anything, so it must be ok.....
People!!! - SS's make notes...like - "can't follow directions"! Don't hurt your future business, you will not hear from these SS's again.

This is why it is imperative to read reread your instructions first

Reply by Stephen_VA on 8/15/05 6:20pm
Msg #59219

If you are rushed, let the borrower know you need a minute to verify some things. Maybe even hand them the HUD and tell them you need to review. *THEY* want it done right also.

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 8/15/05 10:19pm
Msg #59270

It seems that some of the mortgage co wants blue so they can tell if it is a copy. I don't think you will have any problem with them accepting them. A lot of us made that mistake the first time. NY is a black ink state so I wouldn't be to concerned.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.