Notary Rotary
Hospital notary work - red flgas
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by MagicLadyCA on 8/30/05 10:32am
Msg #62598

In addition to being a loan signing agent, I also work as a traveling notary to the local hospitals, nursing homes and jails, as I am sure many of you also may do.

I had a interesting call yesterday from a lady at the hospital. She said she needed a notary right away. Her brother was in ICU and wanted them to pull his plug. She and her sisters had a book of forms and wanted to know which ones they needed to have notarized. I had to tell her "numerous" times that she needed to contact an attorney or someone qualified to give her that information. That when the form was complete, I could be contacted again to notarize the document, and, by the way, can your brother write his name, speak or have ID? Gee, NO to all of the above. I told her that she would need two witnesses that knew her brother and that the hospital would most likely require that an Ombudsman be present. She began to get irritated, and told me that two of the nurses could act as witnesses. I told her that most hospitals do not allow their nursing staff to act as witness of behalf of patients. After that she was done with me. I then called the hospital nursing staff adminstrator to let her know of the request I had been given, which they appreciated.

I haven't heard from back her.........!

Reply by Partickgirl on 8/30/05 3:47pm
Msg #62663

Good for you. The right thing always feels good!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.