Notary Rotary
How many closings did you do on Friday?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by m_fl on 8/28/05 9:33am
Msg #62302

I did 5 between 4 pm and 11 pm and i think my business partner may have got in 10 all day.

Whew were we ever busy ...

Reply by Kathleen Moroz on 8/28/05 12:04pm
Msg #62313

I did 3, and had calls for 3 more that I could not fit in. Of course all were last minute, and I was printing all afternoon. All calls came in between 1:30 and 8. As it was I did not get home until 10PM.
One signing service lied to me, told me it was a little loan with 60 pages. Turned into a 1st and a 2nd, with tons of files, and I had to download a document program that messed up my computer. Remote docs . com I will never use this site again. I am still waiting on the confirmation of the change in fee....
I spent all day yesterday trying to get my pdf files to print, I finally had to reset my computer to Thursday to perm remove the document file.

Reply by Leslie_Mo on 8/28/05 1:50pm
Msg #62319

I only ended up doing 3 but at 1 point had 6 scheduled. Had to turn down another 1. After my first signing the rest of the day was chaotic - mostly because of docs that were late. The entire day I kept having to shift appointments around.

Two borrower's didn't get the overnight docs in time for appt. and had to be rescheduled for Saturday. One ss said "oh, that cancelled" when I called about the e-docs that hadn't arrived by 5:15 for a 6 pm signing.

Ended up doing e-docs for an overnight that didn't arrive. Then there was an e-doc signing (docs to be ready in 15 min.) that I squeezed in for an ss that I work for an a regular basic. Of course those docs weren't ready on time and turned out to be incorrect. I found this out when I called the ss just to verify that I really was collecting $3000 at the table and did the borrower know. She said "let me get back to you".

When she called back, she asked if I had already printed the docs. Told her yes - that's how I knew about the money due at the table. She said they would pay me for printing & try to get new docs to me as soon as possible. This was at 1:30. She called after 5 (while I was driving in rush hour bumper to bumper traffic) and said the docs were about ready but knew I had a 6 pm scheduled. She was not happy that I wouldn't be available to sign after my 6pm signing. As it turned out - that 6pm cancelled and I was able to do the signing for her after the docs finally finished printing at 6:30. The ss & borrower was thrilled that someone was able to get the docs signed that night.

I was totally worn out by the end of that signing. Luckily - all my borrowers were very nice people. On a final note - this was my best month since I started.

Reply by Anonymous on 8/28/05 1:20pm
Msg #62317

I did 6 signings on Friday, started at 7:30am got home at 1:00 am. Drove better than 300 miles. Got back up on Sat at 6:00am home at 7:30 and did 4 signings and drove another 300 miles plus. Rural areas are time consuming.

Reply by Ilona_OH on 8/28/05 7:45pm
Msg #62349

11 in 10 hours with the help of my long suffering husband who also is a notary aqnd took 2 of them then 4 on Sat. AM. We also installed a new fax and Lexmark laser printer. It was the biggest help as we printed out 200 page sets inless than 4 minutes.Copies and docs. Best thing I ever bought and its on sale.#644N is the model.
Then it was off to a much deserved picnic for R&R
Back to the salt mines at 8AM on Monday
I hope all had a great weekend, too.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 8/29/05 12:04am
Msg #62368

I had over 15 calls and did four signings

I lost count after 15 calls and my son said he had 10-12 calls.

I will once again say why do notaries in Calif. think there are too many notaries when we have the lowest per capita ratio in the United States: 1 per 146 per people.

If there are areas that are over saturated then we must have areas that are under saturated? What are the areas that are under saturated?
The entire state of Calif cannot be over saturated when we have the lowest per capita ratio in the United States.

Its all about marketing and doing a great job for both the borrower and the signing/title company that hires you!

Don't expect to pass the Callif notary state exam and expect anyone to call you.

Reply by CaliNotary on 8/29/05 5:13am
Msg #62378

Blah blah blah blah blah

"I will once again say why do notaries in Calif. think there are too many notaries when we have the lowest per capita ratio in the United States: 1 per 146 per people.

If there are areas that are over saturated then we must have areas that are under saturated? What are the areas that are under saturated?
The entire state of Calif cannot be over saturated when we have the lowest per capita ratio in the United States."

Would you please just shut up with this nonsense Joan?

The state of California does not need one notary per 146 people. We don't need anywhere remotely near that amount. The state manages to function with a lower per capita ratio of police officers to people, teachers to people, postal workers to people, garbage collectors to people and so on. And these are services people use every day, while notary service is a very infrequent thing for most of the population. Heck, I'd wager that there are more notaries in Calfornia than police officers, postal workers, teachers, and garbage collectors combined.

The entire state of CA can indeed be oversaturated even if we have the lowest per capita ratio in the US. One has nothing to do with the other. It's about need, not numbers.

Get some freaking perspective and stop making such a fool of yourself.

Reply by caroleMI on 8/28/05 1:58pm
Msg #62320

3 Friday, 2 Saturday and a trip to the FedEx center for Monday delivery

Reply by Lydia_Fl on 8/28/05 3:03pm
Msg #62326

Re: What was you offered to do this signings ?

Were the fees $50 + or ...........

Reply by m_fl on 8/28/05 4:28pm
Msg #62335

Mine were not $50 ones ... I am proud to say that too Smiley

Reply by Leslie_Mo on 8/28/05 5:25pm
Msg #62338

No, mine were $90+

Reply by SusanOH on 8/28/05 6:30pm
Msg #62343

I did 5 in 2 different states and my fee was above $125.00 averaged out for all of them.

Reply by TLR_KY on 8/28/05 8:50pm
Msg #62354

My wife complete 5 and I did 2. We are still recouping. Best month ever for us.

Reply by MB_AZ on 8/28/05 10:38pm
Msg #62363

Friday was busy here in AZ, too. Calls started coming in about noon and by 2PM I was booked for the rest of the day and evening. Got home at 10PM. Had to turn down 4 signings due to full schedule.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 8/28/05 11:03pm
Msg #62364

Re: What WAS YOU offered?

Allright...normally, I don't belong to the grammer police squad and could care less..... But it's driving me crazy to see "WHAT WAS YOU OFFERED" five times in a row.

Reply by Joseph Miller on 8/28/05 11:41pm
Msg #62366

Re: What WAS YOU offered?

I had 6 on friday originally 3 but 3 more came in that day. My first one I went uptown found parking told the borrower I was running late and she didnt mind met her at starbucks at 10 before 11 and she tells me she has a meeting at 11 and I told her this is more than ten minutes, it may take 40 or more. She says I cant do it I will reschedule, I was steamed, went on to the next one and after that I called my third he says to meet him at a wendys at 1 near airport, I got there and hes not there and keeps calling to tell me hes on the way, I told him he needed a quit claim deed becuase there was a warranty deed in package and his wife or ex wife isnt available, he had to get the quit claim deed from lawyer his wife already had signed, then he was on way back but had to turn around becasue it was the wrong quit claim deed for other property. I called signing co and told them I waited almost 1 hour and And thiswasnt worth the $75 I was being paid. they had a temp and she says its not her problem. I finally got the guy to sign and saturday the signing company called and apologized for the rude behavior of their temp and was paying me an additional $50 for my time.

I was shocked that signing company actually apologized and offered more.

my next signing I was told was ready to download and people can meet anytime, I couldnt get ahold of them, then the next one went fine got docs no problem, I also had call from new company that a fellow signing agent recommeded me to them and they said its a double and accepted my fee of $355 with edocs, it took forever to get docs . I called before going to find another signing agent is there, he gets on line and says he was hired by same guy who called me, I was mad and got hold of the loan guy who hired me and told him I would charge full fee, he told me that he wanted me to do the signi9ng and the other guy he was sending home, I got there at 9 and hud still wasnt ready. I noticed my confirmation was incorrect when I finally pulled it up it was for $220 not ther $355 I was quoted, I sent email and left a message and expect to be paid.

I also had otrher calls that i had to trurn down, one asked me at 830 to do one for 1030 that night but I still had 2 to do at theat time.

I went to my last one that was suppose to be earlier at 11 and when I started going thru paperwork when borrower said this was suppose to be a line of credit and it was a 2nd mortgage. I packed up and went home and gor in at midnite. what a long day but I made over $1000 for the day. sorry for long post.

Joe/NC

Reply by TitleGalCA on 8/28/05 11:49pm
Msg #62367

jeez...that's eight. I give up. N/M

Reply by MelissaM_FL on 8/29/05 11:33am
Msg #62423

9 - 4 in the morning, 1 in the office at 4pm, and 4 more that evening with late edocs all around. Started hitting borrower's houses at 8pm and finished at 10:30. Of course, my partner and I ran the last 4 together in order to get them done that fast. One talks, one notarizes and deals with ID issues or any calls needing to be made from the table. Our last signing took 8 minutes. We did communicate with the borrowers all the way through the process.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.