Notary Rotary
I Need Feedback On Cancellation Fees
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Linda Melendez on 8/22/05 9:07am
Msg #60713

I'm kind of new in this business so I need some feedback from experience people. I was called by Accusigning Services to do a signing back on July (a last minute signing edocs). The appointment was confirmed to be at 9:00pm. I got the email from the title company at 8:55pm, so, I had to print 95 pages (twice copies for the customers) and called the clients that I was going to be a little late. When I got to the clients house, around 9:40pm the husband was not there, but I started the process with the wife (the signing agency was informed of the delay). The wife stop the signing because she found some information that was not correct and she wanted to wait for her husband. The husband got to the house around 11:15pm and read the documents and decided not to sign the documents until he can speak with the loan officer (which was not at the office because of the time). I contact the signing agency around 11:36pm before I leave the house to explained to them what happened the lady who answered the phone told me to get the documents and leave the house that she was going to contact me the next day (Saturday) which they never did. I tried to contact them but was not able. I sent them an invoice via e-mail and fax for my services and copy of some documents showing that the wife signed, but not responsed. What should I do in this kind of situation? I do know that I'm not going to work for that company again.

Please advise.

Reply by BLE on 8/22/05 9:10am
Msg #60715

Many notaries have had big problems collecting fees from Accusignings for loans that did go as scheduled. I had such a time collecting from them that I would be really surprised to know they paid for a cancelled loan.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/22/05 10:01am
Msg #60734

Linda
I have never worked for Accusignings, but to me a cancelation is if the signing is canceled before you go out there.
You went out, and you were there way longer than you should have been. I would not have started the signing without both parties being present, and I would not have waited that long for the husband to show up. I would have ascertained what time the husband would have been there, and if I had been told it was that long I would have told the wife I was sorry but I could not wait that long. The appointment was for 9pm so the husband should have been there for the appointment time.

However, you were there and you waited and you do deserve to get your full fee including the edoc fee.

Reply by CarolynCO on 8/22/05 10:02am
Msg #60735

Linda,
I'll begin by saying that I don't want to appear harsh, but ...

When you called Borrowers to advise you would be a little late, did you actually speak to them, or leave a voice message? Did you specify that *both* Borrowers needed to be present? I woud not have waited from 9:40 p.m. until 11:15 p.m. for the husband to arrive. Additionally, I personally would not have began the wife's signing without the husband being present -- reason, doubling your work because you first have to go through each document with the wife, then you have to repeat the process with the husband, which in essence, I equate as two signings.

As for payment, Accusigning takes 45-90 days for payment. This only happened last month, so I wouldn't expect to see payment *before* mid-September or October. Accusigning does pay, but they are slow payers. I don't recall what their policy is for no-signs. I doubt very seriously that you will get paid full fee, although you should be entitled to a printing fee and a trip charge, which will no where compensate you for the time you spent waiting for the husband -- the reason I began with saying that I wouldn't have waited for approximately an hour and 45 minutes for him to show.

Reply by BLE on 8/22/05 10:08am
Msg #60741

Re: 45-90 day payments

Yes, Accusignings did pay. 98 days after the signing. Not the kind of company I wish to work with.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.