Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
I refill my printer with toner kits and now I have a line...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 8/4/05 2:42pm
Msg #56954

From top of the page to bottom of the page like in all pages that I print. This is the first refill in the printer,
Its a brother if that makes any difference.

Reply by Anon-CA on 8/4/05 2:55pm
Msg #56958

You may have gotten toner on the cartridge, take your cartridge out and wipe it with a clean napkin. Also the line may go away after printing a few pages. Hope this helps.

Reply by Kay / NV on 8/4/05 5:36pm
Msg #57004

I agree with the prior post. Take out the cartridge, make sure it is free of toner on the outside. (do this outside as well) I use a paint brush to knock off some and a air spray can for the rest. Then clean out your printer with the air.

Print a couple of pages. You should be good to go. (lets hope. )

Reply by CaliNotary on 8/4/05 7:36pm
Msg #57024

Re: I refill my printer with toner kits and now I have a lin

I'll bet I know what the problem is. On my Brother printer there is a blue tab on the drum (which the toner cartridge fits into). This tab is used to clean the coil wire (I think that's what it's called). If it's not pushed all the way to the side of the drum it leaves a thick black line down each page. If this is on your printer, push it all the way to the left and that should fix it.

And every now and again slide it back and forth a couple of times to clean the coil wire.

Reply by Brother owner on 8/4/05 11:55pm
Msg #57070

What model? N/M

Reply by HL-5140 on 8/5/05 12:20am
Msg #57071

Re: What model? N/M

Reply by Ny Notary on 8/5/05 7:46am
Msg #57094

Brother's do not accept refills well and it ruined mine.

I would not use a refill on my brother. For some reason it just doesn't take them well.

Reply by Art_MD on 8/5/05 9:32am
Msg #57120

Re: Brother's do not accept refills well and it ruined mine.

I'm on my third refill of a cartridge for my 5140 and have had great success - never a problem.

Art

Reply by Ny Notary on 8/5/05 12:23pm
Msg #57149

Art... I hope it stays that way.

I was able to use quite a few refills for my brother. then the drum went, then the unit went.
I don't know. Maybe the brother was on its way out anyways.

Reply by CaliNotary on 8/6/05 3:34am
Msg #57314

Re: Art... I hope it stays that way.

I've been refilling mine for over a year now, never any problem. If I had to replace the printer every year, it still would be WAY cheaper than paying $80 a pop for new toner cartridges once a month.

And the drum is meant to be replaced occasionally anyway, that probably had nothing to do with your using toner refills.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.