Notary Rotary
Identification Form has place for "seal"
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2005 Index

Posted by Martha_AZ on 8/4/05 3:19pm
Msg #56967

First time I've seen this format. Asks for borrower/co-borrower ID, license #, etc but next to each section it has a box to apply a seal. What do they want in this box? Not my notary stamp. Fingerprint? Below it asks the same questions of the notary and the borrowers need to initial that they have seen my ID. Has anyone seen this before?

Reply by patti-ca on 8/4/05 4:08pm
Msg #56987

sounds like they want your notary stamp...but I would put a note on the page telling them no can do and why...

Reply by Cali_girl on 8/4/05 5:39pm
Msg #57005

Could that mean the embossing seal? I saw one that asked for the stamp and seal. I know not all notaries have them, but many do.

Reply by Monica-FL on 8/4/05 6:00pm
Msg #57008

"seal" next to the signature of the borrower is an old "english" thing. The "seal" is actually their signature.

Reply by Cali_girl on 8/4/05 6:16pm
Msg #57012

Well, I did a quick search and found this in some ARM Mortgage Instructions for Fannie Mae:

"Seal: The word "(SEAL)" must be inserted on the signature line for the ARM Note, the Acknowledgment (if any), the Security Instrument and any Guaranty in the following jurisdictions only: the District of Columbia, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, North Carolina and Pennsylvania. The word "(SEAL)" must be inserted on the signature line for the Acknowledgment (if any) and any Guaranty in Virginia. In addition, an appropriate seal must be affixed to any loan document to be recorded in a jurisdiction that requires a seal in order for such document to be accepted for recordation. In jurisdictions requiring a seal, corporate seals should be used for corporate signatories and affixed in an appropriate manner. "

Doc located at: http://www.efanniemae.com/mf/guidesforms/doc/forms/e_iv.5a.doc

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.